Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a rectifier go bad on a 91 300FourTrax, few years later I had a Nokia Brick phone die, that right there proves anything can break.
Good catch, forgot reg/rec's. First year Shadows had hell with those. My 83 would eat one every 3 or 4 months.

Reactions: JM10614
Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, time to chime in...Finally got 1000 miles on our P1K5. Been absolutely trouble free, and me and the whole family has had a great time in it. My son could break an anvil with a rubber hammer and he's ripped Pearl (white) and it came back just fine. There is heat with the windshield/roof on and the differentials are too noisy for my liking (straight cut gears), but over all I would purchase again! Wait for the '18's though...may as well get any improvements you can. As far as the LE...that's your decision. The Deluxe with EPS is amazing...

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ok, time to chime in...Finally got 1000 miles on our P1K5. Been absolutely trouble free, and me and the whole family has had a great time in it. My son could break an anvil with a rubber hammer and he's ripped Pearl (white) and it came back just fine. There is heat with the windshield/roof on and the differentials are too noisy for my liking (straight cut gears), but over all I would purchase again! Wait for the '18's though...may as well get any improvements you can. As far as the LE...that's your decision. The Deluxe with EPS is amazing...
YEP!

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Got about 7,400 miles on my P1000-3 and no problems. As far as the clutch there is no problem on most but if it is slipped a lot the clutch will fail. Driving at 1,400 rpm in high at 3 mph will burn it out. The clutch hooks up at about 1,800 rpm. I get mine going quickly to be easy on the clutch. In low range I keep it about 3 mph and usually 4 mph to be well above 2,000 rpm. Big tires will be hard on the clutch. Like most here I would like a much lower low range and reverse gear. I sold my Wolverine with about 3,500 miles and it was excellent in every way except the small engine and I hate belt drive. The 2018 Wolverine will probably have a 850 twin in both the 2 and 4 seat model. The belt drive is a deal breaker for me plus I want a 1,000cc engine. The announcement is on the 5th or 6th on next month. If there is no Sport Hondas I will probably buy another Yamaha YXZ. My 2016 YXZ has over 11,500 miles on it. The YXZ needs a week of setup for high mileage use but I know how to do it and it is a fun ride on my fast paced rides. After 8 belt drive side by sides I've had it with belt drive and I know how to avoid abusing a clutch.

JM10614

JM10614

Aug 10, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yeow...$20k for the Yamaha though! Dang, I gott'a draw the line somewhere.
It seems like if it's not a Polaris then the dealers around here will practically give the other manufacturers products away. I was checking out the Yxz, my dealer had on the floor, when I went in to get some info on the Wolverine. The salesman said you could order the factory gear reduction kit, have them install it, and it would still be under what msrp was on a stock unit.

JM10614

JM10614

Aug 10, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Got about 7,400 miles on my P1000-3 and no problems. As far as the clutch there is no problem on most but if it is slipped a lot the clutch will fail. Driving at 1,400 rpm in high at 3 mph will burn it out. The clutch hooks up at about 1,800 rpm. I get mine going quickly to be easy on the clutch. In low range I keep it about 3 mph and usually 4 mph to be well above 2,000 rpm. Big tires will be hard on the clutch. Like most here I would like a much lower low range and reverse gear. I sold my Wolverine with about 3,500 miles and it was excellent in every way except the small engine and I hate belt drive. The 2018 Wolverine will probably have a 850 twin in both the 2 and 4 seat model. The belt drive is a deal breaker for me plus I want a 1,000cc engine. The announcement is on the 5th or 6th on next month. If there is no Sport Hondas I will probably buy another Yamaha YXZ. My 2016 YXZ has over 11,500 miles on it. The YXZ needs a week of setup for high mileage use but I know how to do it and it is a fun ride on my fast paced rides. After 8 belt drive side by sides I've had it with belt drive and I know how to avoid abusing a clutch.
I'm patiently waiting to see what they drop next month. The yxz is an impressive machine for sure. Even with the significant hp and suspension disadvantage the Wolverine has, it's just way better suited to my type of riding I do. Though it would be a lot of fun to test the launch control out before you get to slam through the gears on the yxz.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm patiently waiting to see what they drop next month. The yxz is an impressive machine for sure. Even with the significant hp and suspension disadvantage the Wolverine has, it's just way better suited to my type of riding I do. Though it would be a lot of fun to test the launch control out before you get to slam through the gears on the yxz.
This is what Honda needs to hear.

Reactions: JM10614
Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's what my dealer is asking for a 17 p3 le. I couldn't believe it they are pretty much priced over everything without a turbo I couldn't believe it.
Yeow...$20k for the Yamaha though! Dang, I gott'a draw the line somewhere.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!