Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The CATVOS arms have stock location shock mounts so I haven't changed anything back to stock.

I'll tell you this, I thought that I would be interested in only front shocks because I like the load leveling ability in the rear. Well, now the ride in the front is so much better than the back that I'm not sure if I could stand to leave the stock ones on the back. Of coarse I still got lots of riding to do and testing.

Signature:

QUOTE by Sharp, Where's Don? He's probably spray painting stuff lmfao!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Did they raise the machine any?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Did they raise the machine any?

They certainly have the ability to. It looks like there is plenty of adjustment.

I can't wait to get all the details together about my review. There are some expected positives and some not expected.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Here's my quick thoughts so far.

They're a little noisy

I love the adjustability

They ride smoother and seems a lot smoother when riding more aggressively

My front shocks would hammer the frame jumping off the edge of the driveway and these are 10 times smother.

Pretty high price, gotta pay for quality

Why not a dual rate coil?

When set in the stiffer setting, the pioneer handles way better! I mean a lot better! Almost no sway left or right and not much rocking back-and-forth when hitting the gas or hitting the brake. And I am only testing the front shocks.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I noticed the noise I was going to ask but I figure they'll get quieter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I noticed the noise I was going to ask but I figure they'll get quieter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These were used when I got them and I Road about 150 miles on our last royal blue trip. I'm not sure if they are supposed to get quieter or not. I've never heard shocks do this probably because I have rarely changed shocks on any of my vehicles.

I couldn't give anyone much of a review after that three-day ride at royal blue because I had another passenger and three days worth of food, drinks, camping gear in the back so the vehicle feel different anyway.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I'm going to check with my contact about the noise. I have been told its common but never owned a set myself until recently.
reply from WE contact on shock noise.

"Because of the spring package that is pretty normal. The stock arms actually make some noise as well from the vulcanized bushing in one side"

Reactions: AKRider and sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
reply from WE contact on shock noise.

"Because of the spring package that is pretty normal. The stock arms actually make some noise as well from the vulcanized bushing in one side"

There's no rubber bushings in my vehicle as I have the CATVOS system. It's heim joints everywhere.

So that just leaves the "spring package"?

The fox shocks that I had on the pioneer 700 didn't make that noise. The sound doesn't bother me as you can barely hear it when inside the cab and the windshield on.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just my two pennies here but mine is quite as a mouse and so was my 700 with fox. I didn't want to bring it up because I'm sure they are good shocks and I'd love the ride they provide I'd trade in a heartbeat for sure! But I hate rattles and squeaks. If you were in the rig it probably isn't noticed which is good but sure would sound cheap or worn out if drove by someone. That's one thing I hate about the brakes on Honda's. I guess I'm just wondering if something could be done or it goes away. I'd still buy them because stock sucks but doesn't seem like it should squeak, in my mind I feel it's wearing out quickly by doing that. I think ak reported the same thing.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There's no rubber bushings in my vehicle as I have the CATVOS system. It's heim joints everywhere.

So that just leaves the "spring package"?

The fox shocks that I had on the pioneer 700 didn't make that noise. The sound doesn't bother me as you can barely hear it when inside the cab and the windshield on.

My CATVOS arms are noisy if I don't lube them up in-between washes or getting them muddy and wet, something to think about. The WE shocks on my RZR HighLifter Edition were noisy as well though, extremely actually. Lubed up or not. Of course I couldn't hear them in the cab because of the snorkels behind my head but everyone behind me could.

Also, I agree with the WE shocks not being able to really live up to their full capabilities unless you replaced all four.

You gunna buy a whole set? Elkas? Fox?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My CATVOS arms are noisy if I don't lube them up in-between washes or getting them muddy and wet, something to think about. The WE shocks on my RZR HighLifter Edition were noisy as well though, extremely actually. Lubed up or not. Of course I couldn't hear them in the cab because of the snorkels behind my head but everyone behind me could.

Also, I agree with the WE shocks not being able to really live up to their full capabilities unless you replaced all four.

You gunna buy a whole set? Elkas? Fox?

Not sure what I'll get, I do know I'll wait for more choices so I can make comparisons.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not sure what I'll get, I do know I'll wait for more choices so I can make comparisons.
I'm with you joey. I vote you for comparing them. We need to get you other loaners to try as they come out. It's a lot of coin to not make a good decision

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They're a little noisy

I love the adjustability

They ride smoother and seems a lot smoother when riding more aggressively

My front shocks would hammer the frame jumping off the edge of the driveway and these are 10 times smother.

Pretty high price, gotta pay for quality

Why not a dual rate coil?

When set in the stiffer setting, the pioneer handles way better! I mean a lot better! Almost no sway left or right and not much rocking back-and-forth when hitting the gas or hitting the brake. And I am only testing the front shocks.

Yep. They are noisy, but I love mine. Your video review is excellent. I'm going to stick with the rear levelers for a while, but I'm pretty sure I'll be swapping them out for the WE in the next year. Thanks for the vid!

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
so the WE shocks are noisy? I assumed it was those catvos arms!lol dang, now I'm reconsidering whether I want to order a set. I'm dying for a smoother ride and better performance, but I don't like squeaks...

Reactions: CumminsPusher
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
so the WE shocks are noisy? I assumed it was those catvos arms!lol dang, now I'm reconsidering whether I want to order a set. I'm dying for a smoother ride and better performance, but I don't like squeaks...

I've got some more testing to do soon when I get time. I hope to do comparison videos of a stock p1000 vs the W/E wearing P1000 on the same terrain.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm sure you're working @joeymt33, but whenever you get time I'd love to know whether you were able to quite that godawful noise on those shocks. I'm dying to order a set, but I can't live with that racket unless there is a way to quieten it down some...
I read somewhere that the bushings at the bolting locations need to be greased (inside an O ring?) to quieten them down...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!