P1000 P1K-5 OEM Roof Install Issue

F

FredMcMurray

Apr 8, 2022
Over here a ways.
Ownership

1. 700-2
Anyone else have a fitment issue with an OEM premium roof on a P1K-5?

I put the roof on yesterday. and it went on without too much issue, but, there’s an outwards buckle / bulge on each side directly above the vertical brace in the roll cage behind the front doors and the front edge (above the windshield) right in the middle, it bows outwards like a ball cap brim.

Will it relax after it’s been clamped in place for a while or did I miss some little detail / trick of the install?

Thanks in advance guys!

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No issue with mine 4 + yrs. Fits/works great!
Pics?
Clamps too tight?
Clamp orientation?
I'll get some pics of my clamp orientation if you need.
20221113 143116

Last edited:
H

HondaTech

Anyone else have a fitment issue with an OEM premium roof on a P1K-5?

I put the roof on yesterday. and it went on without too much issue, but, there’s an outwards buckle / bulge on each side directly above the vertical brace in the roll cage behind the front doors and the front edge (above the windshield) right in the middle, it bows outwards like a ball cap brim.

Will it relax after it’s been clamped in place for a while or did I miss some little detail / trick of the install?

Thanks in advance guys!

It's probably how it sat in the box tbh. Sometimes they'll come in with the edge bubbled out slightly in that area.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Any pics? Might help us a bit.
plus pics of your rig.
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

Where is “Over Here a Ways”?

F

FredMcMurray

Apr 8, 2022
Over here a ways.
Ownership

1. 700-2
Any pics? Might help us a bit.
plus pics of your rig.
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

Where is “Over Here a Ways”?

OK, first the pics. See below now, sorry, no pics of the whole unit.I tried to show it as well as possible but it's hard to see black on black.

When it first came out of the box I only had help for a very few minutes to hoist it into place, no clamps were fastened, etc., and it was left that way for 2 days. The bubble was not there on either side, either when it first came out of the box, or 2 days later, only after it go clamped into place.

I did check the clamp orientation as per a YouTube video, they seem correct.

"Over here a ways" is a highly variable location, currently near Toronto Canada, often in Muskoka, or Florida, or ...... LOL

P1K5 Left Side Roof P1K5 Right Side Roof

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
OK, first the pics. See below now, sorry, no pics of the whole unit.I tried to show it as well as possible but it's hard to see black on black.

When it first came out of the box I only had help for a very few minutes to hoist it into place, no clamps were fastened, etc., and it was left that way for 2 days. The bubble was not there on either side, either when it first came out of the box, or 2 days later, only after it go clamped into place.

"Over here a ways" is a highly variable location, currently near Toronto Canada, often in Muskoka, or Florida, or ...... LOL

View attachment 377225 View attachment 377226
I’d run a hairdryer over those sections to see if they’d relax into place. If you melt it, that was too hot. 😛

If that didn’t work, I’d get over it, not bad enough to ruin my day.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

🤔...well, I was going to say it might be from sagging at the front end but if it's clamped down correctly it shouldn't be doing that. It almost looks like it's too narrow at the C-pillars causing it to budge out like that. I would try to take it off and hit it with a heat gun a little bit and see if that helps, if not then maybe reach out to your seller. Worse case, it's really not that big a deal but for what them thing cost now days I understand the frustration.

Also, what's that in the pic? 👇
P1K5 Left Side Roof2

F

FredMcMurray

Apr 8, 2022
Over here a ways.
Ownership

1. 700-2
That is where there was a cleverly designed net to trap the driver every time they tried to enter or exit and to leave a nifty mesh pattern in every picture taken from inside the machine was mounted.

Apparently I haul the machine down the highway too fast, it looks like they must've blown off. 😳

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
That is where there was a cleverly designed net to trap the driver every time they tried to enter or exit and to leave a nifty mesh pattern in every picture taken from inside the machine was mounted.

Apparently I haul the machine down the highway too fast, it looks like they must've blown off. 😳
So that's for the safety nets? They must've change that design too then. The older models mount on the sides with a bolt. 👍 Thanks, just curious.

Good luck with the roof deal

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sounds like the factory holes in the roof is off a bit and tightening the clamp has caused it to bow. Either relocate and drill hole for proper fit or live with it. Its the least of your worries.
Over here a ways" is a highly variable location, currently near Toronto Canada, often in Muskoka, or Florida, or ...... LOL
Pick one and post it 🥳

Dont forget pics of the WHOLE rig when u get a chance.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’d run a hairdryer over those sections to see if they’d relax into place. If you melt it, that was too hot. 😛

If that didn’t work, I’d get over it, not bad enough to ruin my day.
And clamp some flat bar on them after warm.
I've banged mine off trees so many times, the sides are custom fit ..

H

HondaTech

That's the issue I was referring to. Common in the roofs we see

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!