P1000 P1k-5 seat belt extenders

J

jsodep5338

Mar 6, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey folks, as a larger guy 6’4” 360 lbs. I can latch the seatbelt, but there is zero movement. It’s maxed out. I’d like to buy a seat belt extender, but so far my searches for what kind of extender to buy haven’t returned any results. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!

Reactions: Isaiah
weelad

weelad

Sep 9, 2019
West Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At 6’3” and 280 i have the same problem and couldnt find anything either so i just run without the belt fastened. Most of my driving is just cruising anyway. I just plug the middle seatbelt buckle into my side so the machine will go faster than 12 mph. Would be nice if someone made a bypass buckle than i could use that and anybody else that drives it will have to be belted in when i remove it.

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At 6’3” and 280 i have the same problem and couldnt find anything either so i just run without the belt fastened. Most of my driving is just cruising anyway. I just plug the middle seatbelt buckle into my side so the machine will go faster than 12 mph. Would be nice if someone made a bypass buckle than i could use that and anybody else that drives it will have to be belted in when i remove it.

Are looking for something like this:

weelad

weelad

Sep 9, 2019
West Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No Something I could pull out of the seatbelt like an extender and then my wife or anyone else can drive it but have to wear their seatbelt

R

rickoshea

can't you bolt a lap belt over the drivers to the center belt ? the bolts should be long enough to add to the existing points so you can have both shoulder and an extra lap belt.

weelad

weelad

Sep 9, 2019
West Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a few from other cars that didnt work and the Honda buckle appears unique. Not sure the car buckle is the same as the sxs buckle

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Grab a wrench, pull the buckle from the passenger. Take it in to a local Honda dealer and ask them to match it up. I doubt the buckle is proprietary to the sxs market.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I've seen these used before, not sure if it's what you're looking for though:

Bolt-in seatbelt extender - 12"

weelad

weelad

Sep 9, 2019
West Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey folks, as a larger guy 6’4” 360 lbs. I can latch the seatbelt, but there is zero movement. It’s maxed out. I’d like to buy a seat belt extender, but so far my searches for what kind of extender to buy haven’t returned any results. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!
Didnt mean to highjack your thread but I too was looking for a belt extender and did not have any luck. I have worked at both a Ford and GM dealer and we carried them in our parts department and gave them away to people that requested them. Since the side by side seat belt is a manufacturer installed safety item that you are required to use for any type of normal riding I would think that honda would have them available to the public for those of us that need that extra room.

advertisement
X

xmountaineer

May 14, 2019
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have seat belt extenders for my Nissan Pathfinder and Rogue for the booster seat for my daughter in the back so she can reach the latch herself. They both take 2 separate types of extender. I can try them in the pioneer and see if either will work. One is a type A (7/8”) and the other is a type B (1”). Unless it has some funky connector (I’ve never looked at the seatbelt end of my pioneer) then one of those should work. I’ll see if I can remember to do that tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TheOldFatGuy

Oct 22, 2020
SW PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Adam490 is on the right track. I bought one of these on Amazon. Search for " 12" Universal Permanent Seat Belt Lengthener" Worked great for me. Instead of extending the clip side you extend the anchor point between the seat and the frame.
IMG 1736

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Remote, who is a pretty big guy, sheepishly exits the office to the shop with I dog in tow to try the seat belt fit in his P1000K that he has never even used to date😒

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!