Lilred500

Lilred500

Keep it on the rubber side
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
has anybody ever successfully done this the stock headlights in the p5 suck and I like the looks of the p1ks leds

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
has anybody ever successfully done this the stock headlights in the p5 suck and I like the looks of the p1ks leds
looks like the p5 and 7 are the same but the plug is different on p1k. i still run stock lights in my p7 but my buddy just got some new ones in his and they are a ton brighter. just regular ole head light bulbs. from autoparts store.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Lilred500

Lilred500

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
This is what I found wondering if it’s been done said it could with work but doesn’t really go into detail on what it involves

4AAD0382 19BF 4E02 A694 F1652E9C4880

Reactions: Alan_Vander
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
There are 2 threads worth looking at on this subject:

P700 - LED Headlights

This shows the kit for fitting the led lights to the 1000.

Multi - Honda Pioneer LED Hi/Low Retro-Fit for P500 and P700!

This one was from when @Hondasxs put the p1k leds on his p700.
I think the p700 and p500 are very similar.

One other thing to consider is using the newer Talon led lights.
I heard they mount the same as the p1k but are lighter.
No idea if the price is comparable.

Reactions: Alan_Vander
Lilred500

Lilred500

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
There are 2 threads worth looking at on this subject:

P700 - LED Headlights

This shows the kit for fitting the led lights to the 1000.

Multi - Honda Pioneer LED Hi/Low Retro-Fit for P500 and P700!

This one was from when @Hondasxs put the p1k leds on his p700.
I think the p700 and p500 are very similar.

One other thing to consider is using the newer Talon led lights.
I heard they mount the same as the p1k but are lighter.
No idea if the price is comparable.
Thanks for the suggestions and links! If it’s way to involved I may do what @jay_man81 of Appalachian mountain riders did with just upgrading bulbs but wanted to see what all it took to do this first.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
oh the after market ones for the 1k

Lilred500

Lilred500

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
oh the after market ones for the 1k

yeah I was curious if the p1k had been successful on the p5 but may just go with upgraded bulbs with cooling fans like I have in my pick up

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@Lilred500 my opinion (not that it matters) is that the led replacement bulb, like what @jay_man81 did, shows a good white light.
But the light pattern on the ground may or may not be very good.
Head light reflectors are picky with where the light source is in the head light housing.
But if you are planning to add a light bar the pattern from the head lights is not so important.
And this is the low cost method.

The OEM leds will give a good light pattern but they are very spendy.
But I don't like the light bar thing so this would be my direction (when I win the lottery).

Either way, good luck and let us know how it works out.

Reactions: Lilred500
Lilred500

Lilred500

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
@Lilred500 my opinion (not that it matters) is that the led replacement bulb, like what @jay_man81 did, shows a good white light.
But the light pattern on the ground may or may not be very good.
Head light reflectors are picky with where the light source is in the head light housing.
But if you are planning to add a light bar the pattern from the head lights is not so important.
And this is the low cost method.

The OEM leds will give a good light pattern but they are very spendy.
But I don't like the light bar thing so this would be my direction (when I win the lottery).

Either way, good luck and let us know how it works out.
I agree I hate to spend that kind of money just to destroy them making them work lol! A 32” curved light bar is in the works only due to riding in so much over grown brushy trails and not having enough height to see what’s ahead but i do agree on the pattern with replacement bulbs it was the same way in my truck lights were bright as could be but literally blinded anybody passing needless to say I had to get projectors I have also thought about breaking the stock headlights apart and adding a led cube in place of the bulb

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
not sure if youd like it or not but i did spot floods and mounted it to the screw that holds the little bar for netting on the from roll bar pillar. add that to the stock lights and i could see better on the sides and broader light span than what any of the pinnys have they dont work any more cause too many times under water but about to get some more square ones to put on it since the tires stick out so far now. 5a7898f2d36e85ed2807213048122dd7

Reactions: Mudwing
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!