P4 Winch choices?

N

NorthPioneer

Jan 26, 2017
CA
I ordered a 17 P4 700 and pick it up in a couple days. I didn't buy the winch from the dealer because I would like to eat this month lol so I am curious about what brand people are buying? I have always had warn winches and on my last bike I think it was a super winch possibly.

I know warn is the big dog in this accessory but wondering if anyone likes another brand and why?

thanks in advance for your replies!

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and Tflynn
Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Considering the corrosion and moisture where you live, you may want to research how well each brand is sealed.

J

JTW

I have a warn vantage 4000-s as well. The superwinch's are a great value for the price and also a reputable brand. I recommend buying nothing smaller than 4000 lbs.
What he said! I bought the super winch Terra 45 for the 1000 but I'd stay WITH the Terra series if I went superwinch.

Reactions: joeymt33 and Tflynn
N

NorthPioneer

Jan 26, 2017
CA
Well I decided to stick with what I know.... Bass Pro has the warn vantage 4000 steel rope for 409.99 Canadian which is the best price I've seen on it. I picked it up tonight. it comes with the full size rocker switch also which is nice compared to the mini ones I'm used to seeing.

Reactions: Tflynn
Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Do you have a princess auto? They sell that winch for less than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N

NorthPioneer

Jan 26, 2017
CA
Do you have a princess auto? They sell that winch for less than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seriously? Canadian dollars? I do have a PA but when I looked at their website I couldn't find anything. I will go check it out tomorrow. thanks for the suggestion!

advertisement
Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Online I found it for 449.00. If you have someone connected through a shop, if they have a grand west account, I got mine through grand west cheaper.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!