Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thought I'd share a couple pics of what I've been playing around with lately...kinda' looks like a bug.
Looked around the web for something like this and found some that were real pricey, $600...$1200.
Saw this at a yard sale...$250. It's a HF trailer with springs and highway rated tires, with a car top carrier mounted on it. Guy pulled it behind a Corvette convertible.
When I measured the wheel width it was 52 1/4", exactly what my P5 measures.
Wanted something I could pack gear in that would be mud and water proof.
This thing is super light. Considering taking the fenders off and going with bigger wheels and tires. Trailer
Trailer Back

B

Bowtech32

Dec 6, 2013
Good find, I bought one of those HF trailers to haul corn at the deer lease and they are perfect. I believe they are rated about 1000 pounds as well

Reactions: trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Thought I'd share a couple pics of what I've been playing around with lately...kinda' looks like a bug.
Looked around the web for something like this and found some that were real pricey, $600...$1200.
Saw this at a yard sale...$250. It's a HF trailer with springs and highway rated tires, with a car top carrier mounted on it. Guy pulled it behind a Corvette convertible.
This thing is super light. Considering taking the fenders off and going with bigger wheels and tires. View attachment 16736
View attachment 16738

....Don't know about that....Trig
look at your pic...that's pretty much
level...with your machine...
looks good....
I'd have to say....
Leave well enough alone...
...Bro

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
If anything....I'd skid plate it
that p5oo will drag it...where ever
you choose...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
....Don't know about that....Trig
look at your pic...that's pretty much
level...with your machine...
looks good....
I'd have to say....
Leave well enough alone...
...Bro
I know, it does sit level...might just leave that alone.
Skid plate, now there's an idea. I had thought about a nose guard...
just to protect the front of the carrier, it's plastic.
Has stake pockets built in under diamond plate bed.
HF has two of these similar on their site...one is rated 860 lbs and one at 1060 lbs.
More than enough for my needs.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I know, it does sit level...might just leave that alone.
Skid plate, now there's an idea. I had thought about a nose guard...
just to protect the front of the carrier, it's plastic.
Has stake pockets built in under diamond plate bed.
HF has two of these similar on their site...one is rated 860 lbs and one at 1060 lbs.
More than enough for my needs.
Yeah...Bro
that's an excellent size trlr
...for that goat to pull

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
This thing is super light. Considering taking the fenders off and going with bigger wheels and tires. View attachment 16736
View attachment 16738
Very cool find, that should work out perfect with the P500. Thanks for sharing your idea.

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You sure do have some nicely mowed trails.....I want to ride there......
Nice trailer too!

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
The axle on your trailer will be fine as long as you ride in areas like you posted. On not so well maintained trails it will be getting hung up on stumps and rocks, not alot of ground clearance under it. I like the idea of bigger tires, they would give you better ground clearance and better floatation for going across mud holes.

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You sure do have some nicely mowed trails.....I want to ride there......
Nice trailer too!
Thanks. Those are trails that I cut through my property. I keep them mowed for walking them and try not to take the toys out there too much as it tears them up. Had to pull that trailer around a little though to see how it tracks and fits through tighter trails.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thanks. Those are trails that I cut through my property. I keep them mowed for walking them and try not to take the toys out there too much as it tears them up. Had to pull that trailer around a little though to see how it tracks and fits through tighter trails.
Trigger, how many miles of such trail do you maintain like that on your land??

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
LOL...only have two acres.
Doesn't take long to get through them.
Oh I see, I was going to truly be impressed if you told me you had miles of that. They do look nice.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I wish...thanks monte.
You're welcome. So back to the roach coach. What kind of axle/spring assembly is under that little dude?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You're welcome. So back to the roach coach. What kind of axle/spring assembly is under that little dude?
Looks like three springs per side. Don't know if it's the one rated at 860 or 1060 lbs.
It has 4.80 x 8 wheels. HF sells 12" four bolt wheels that will fit. Researched a bit on off road tires and have came up empty so far. Was hoping to use the stock 24" s from the front of the P5 but they're too wide for those wheels. If I did change them out for taller ones I'd have to remove the fenders...which doesn't bother me but, as rocmar stated, it's riding level now. I'd have to mess with the ball height. Aftermarket wheels will spread the stance out and make it wider than my P5.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Looks like three springs per side. Don't know if it's the one rated at 860 or 1060 lbs.
It has 4.80 x 8 wheels. HF sells 12" four bolt wheels that will fit. Researched a bit on off road tires and have came up empty so far. Was hoping to use the stock 24" s from the front of the P5 but they're too wide for those wheels. If I did change them out for taller ones I'd have to remove the fenders...which doesn't bother me but, as rocmar stated, it's riding level now. I'd have to mess with the ball height. Aftermarket wheels will spread the stance out and make it wider than my P5.
Yeah, I see what you mean. It has regular greased hubs? What do you actually plan to do with it. Prolly to much to mess with, you should just sell it to me and then you won't have to bother with it. :)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, I see what you mean. It has regular greased hubs? What do you actually plan to do with it. Prolly to much to mess with, you should just sell it to me and then you won't have to bother with it. :)
Yeah, regular hubs. I wanted it to haul a canopy, chairs, folding table and grill. Party on wheels.
Considering a camping trip as well. Tent, sleeping bags, air mattress...it'll hold quite a bit.
No one I ride with has as much storage as I do already, with this I can pack their gear too.
I know they won't leave me too far behind that way. :cool:

Reactions: Montecresto
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!