Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'll be surprised if @trigger sheild scraps works on the hole around the pedals.
(Or at least ill bet if it dose there will be some honda engineer disapointed you foiled his life's work so easily).

Polaris has some cab air seal kits that consists of die cut foam.
Somthing with some thickness is needed to fill the gap.
I picked up some foam rubber weather strip.
I figure stick it to the metal plate on the frame to fill the gap to the plastic floor.
View attachment 170107
(OK, it a sample a guy at work pulled out from under his desk)

Yeah, I gave it a good look and it'll be complicated. Stared at it for a few and lost interest.

Reactions: Duckhunt
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Looking for a guinea pig to try these covers I made. Someone who rides in the cold and has an enclosed cab. I'm looking for the guy that can feel that cold air coming in through the shift and reverse lever holes. I remade the one for the shift lever and the holes are perfect now using the punches. That one will need to be siliconed on but it can be taken off with nothing left behind if you don't like it. The other one is pressure fit and just needs to be put in.
I know they're going to work but just need to verify it. Hit me up if you're game.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Looking for a guinea pig to try these covers I made. Someone who rides in the cold and has an enclosed cab. I'm looking for the guy that can feel that cold air coming in through the shift and reverse lever holes. I remade the one for the shift lever and the holes are perfect now using the punches. That one will need to be siliconed on but it can be taken off with nothing left behind if you don't like it. The other one is pressure fit and just needs to be put in.
I know they're going to work but just need to verify it. Hit me up if you're game.
F759dbca98082becf8f8273928b0c1e0

Reactions: Mudwing and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'll be surprised if @trigger sheild scraps works on the hole around the pedals.
(Or at least ill bet if it dose there will be some honda engineer disapointed you foiled his life's work so easily).

Polaris has some cab air seal kits that consists of die cut foam.
Somthing with some thickness is needed to fill the gap.
I picked up some foam rubber weather strip.
I figure stick it to the metal plate on the frame to fill the gap to the plastic floor.
View attachment 170107
(OK, it a sample a guy at work pulled out from under his desk)

Worked on this for a little bit in the AM today. It's going to work but is a tight pita with PS in the way, just going to take forever to make fit properly is all. I have one that fits now and just need to fine tune the voids going around mechanicals. It won't be 100% sealed but you won't see daylight and it will block direct airflow and water through all those holes.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
When our P5 was pretty new back in ‘15, the wife got excited turning around on a narrow trail by herself and yanked the reverse handle right out and off hahahaha, course I never replaced, just did the mod. O’ course not made time to mess with, always thought I’d order a new handle... guessing I’ll just plug it off, I’ve got a huge sheet of black 3mm thick UHMV (4’x10’) I use for projects so maybe it’ll happen or not. The wind is annoying though... maybe I’ll mess with it today, just for fun.
Cheers and Happy Merry everyone.
j

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I finished fitting the third and last piece of the firewall shields this morning. Have the mounting holes punched in it, now just have to drill the holes for the pushpins. It'll be five pushpins holding it in place, probably doesn't need that many but...one of them is already there. Tried to take some good pics of light/no light coming through but the flash kept wanting to work. Here's one of those holes that got covered up anyway, that whole row of sh** is covered now, even over by the spring. ;)

Firewall Holes

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
Hey I will give them a try, how much

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Installed the pedal hole shield today. Took 4 push pins and used a stock wire ring to hold it in place. No light coming through the area anymore, now to wait and see how it performs. Can't be totally waterproof but if it stops the big rush it'll work for me. Here's some pics.

You can see the stock wire ring I used.
Dash Clip

Here's the push pin above that through the dash, installed it from the dash side.
Dash left

One on the upper right portion. I installed this from the engine side, I have a speaker mounted in that corner so you don't see it from the inside. You can also see one of the two I put in the wheel well frame.
Dash Right

Here's the two into the frame. Didn't really want to drill these in but it was necessary to seal it off better. Painted inside the holes before installing the push pins.
Dash Wheel Well

Doesn't interfere with any working parts, is nearly invisible and installs with push pins...has to be better than it was. ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!