P500 P500 Tire and Wheel pics

mudallovertheplaces

mudallovertheplaces

Mar 17, 2019
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
awesome..what offset? Looking forward to the feedback and pictures
So perfection! Awesome ride no rub. Sorry but I don’t know what the rear offset is

D0B0D62A 353E 46B0 993F 635A5AF2CBCE B7FC7320 BF76 4111 8D11 32F5B7B0C43E 8FFD4B1D 53D7 44D0 AC18 D8A7AD6A8B3C 9FE0ED6A 4254 4EBB BEB3 93B9C72F10B6 66BA73EC 150D 4D47 AE56 3A071E80C5FE

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Don't really need spacers with aftermarket wheels. Probably 5+2 offset?
I am more confused than ever.
If I buy new wheels I do not need spacers?
For example, if I go with the following:
12x7, 5+2 offset, 4x110 wheels ITP Delta Steel Wheel (Silver)
with
26x9-12 tires Traxion Gripper MAX Radial Tire
I should be good to go without spacers, lug nuts or anything else?

If I go this route it will only cost me a few dollars more than using my oe wheels with spacers and I will have a spare set ready to go.
I will be able to fully rotate tires
I should not have any rubbing ??

Is it worthwhile to put Balancing Beads in them?
Counteract Tire Balancing Beads - 3 oz (for 1 Tire)

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I am more confused than ever.
If I buy new wheels I do not need spacers?
For example, if I go with the following:
12x7, 5+2 offset, 4x110 wheels ITP Delta Steel Wheel (Silver)
with
26x9-12 tires Traxion Gripper MAX Radial Tire
I should be good to go without spacers, lug nuts or anything else?

If I go this route it will only cost me a few dollars more than using my oe wheels with spacers and I will have a spare set ready to go.
I will be able to fully rotate tires
I should not have any rubbing ??

Is it worthwhile to put Balancing Beads in them?
Counteract Tire Balancing Beads - 3 oz (for 1 Tire)

Going with aftermarket 5+2 wheels will give you more width than stock. Based on 9" tires on all four, you will be skinnier in the back. 1" spacers for the rear should give you a closer track width. Based on the wheels you posted, you shouldn't need splined lug nuts either. I've never balanced my tires but I don't do much road running either.
Pretty sure this is accurate, it's been a while.

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
tomcj2

tomcj2

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Going with aftermarket 5+2 wheels will give you more width than stock. Based on 9" tires on all four, you will be skinnier in the back. 1" spacers for the rear should give you a closer track width. Based on the wheels you posted, you shouldn't need splined lug nuts either. I've never balanced my tires but I don't do much road running either.
Pretty sure this is accurate, it's been a while.
Thanks for your reply.
Is it important to have the same "track width"?. The rear track is a couple of inches less than the front now with the factory wheels and tires.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for your reply.
Is it important to have the same "track width"?. The rear track is a couple of inches less than the front now with the factory wheels and tires.

For some it is. Some claim you'll get better traction having a different track. I personally like to know when going through deep ruts and such that whatever line I take with the front the rear is going to follow.

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
tomcj2

tomcj2

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
For some it is. Some claim you'll get better traction having a different track. I personally like to know when going through deep ruts and such that whatever line I take with the front the rear is going to follow.
Thanks again.

Spacers will be about $80 and I'm trying to conserve. I can also add them later if I feel inclined.

Do you think that I will be happy and notice the difference if I buy the wheels and tires I listed above, or should I just wear out the factory ones first and then proceed?

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I think you'll definitely notice a difference. The larger radial tires will give you a better ride and the added width will give it more stability. $80? For how many sets? Quad Boss spacers on eBay for $50 is the way I go, they have tapered lugs too.

Reactions: Morpheus
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!