P500 P500 won't quite fit in bed of truck

Jaymo2309

Jaymo2309

Apr 24, 2015
Ok so I picked up my brand new p500 today. Got to the dealer, tried to load it in my '11 F150 and it was about 2" too long. I added a winch and between that and my bed cover (folded) it was just a bit too long. Oh well... I needed a trailer anyway. It fit perfect on a 5' x 10'.

Love the P500!!

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
just use two 2x6's it will be fine

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
That happened to me too. I have a 6.75' bed F250 and there was too much on the tailgate for my liking. I got a sweet deal on a 82"x16' tandem trailer. Now I have room for another ATV behind my P5 or even two side ways.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
That happened to me too. I have a 6.75' bed F250 and there was too much on the tailgate for my liking. I got a sweet deal on a 82"x16' tandem trailer. Now I have room for another ATV behind my P5 or even two side ways.
I got tailgate supports from dgtailegate, 3 set with different lengths.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Would it help if you had a piece of 3/4 ply cut the the size of the bed and tailgate ( when open)? So the fron of the SXS sits on the ply and the back. Might give you a little more support? Not sure?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
The only thing tail gate supports help is replacing the cables that can break. But it doesn't strengthen the gate itself, or another thing that is usually overlooked; the "pivots", which are not overly strong either.
Yes, Spoke to the company when I purchased them and got educated. They are intended to provide backup support to TIGHT OEM cables when the tailgate is flat, but not to replace cables altogether, (looks like my cables are stretched). But another benefit is to keep the tailgate from flopping if used in a 45 or other angle, which I need with my 8 ft bed. Always rely on straps to secure the UTV. I was surprised to see a Velcro or large zip tie included to secure the tailgate pivot point you mentioned for the angled use. I've also seen som 2 inch receiver upright supports but don't know if they work.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!