P500

C

Chaseca

Feb 23, 2022
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 2016 P500 on 37s and if I get the RPM too high it will get stuck in gear and i have to cut it off and rock it to get it back shiftable. Any ideas on what would be causing that?

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have a 2016 P500 on 37s and if I get the RPM too high it will get stuck in gear and i have to cut it off and rock it to get it back shiftable. Any ideas on what would be causing that?
The 37" tires and the high rpm are the cause. Especially when it comes with 24" OEM probably the ECU is revolting due to the readings its getting.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yup, like Jackal said, the 37’s are your issue.

Welcome from Michigan!
Defiantly with that set up..
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Would there be any way to solve the issue other than smaller tires? I’ve seen P500s hit rev limiter in gear before and it not happen to them which is why I was curious why mine does it?
What set up do they have? Is the machine stock?
If the stock with ur setup, it's just a matter of time

C

Chaseca

Feb 23, 2022
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Would there be any way to solve the issue other than smaller tires? I’ve seen P500s hit rev limiter in gear before and it not happen to them which is why I was curious why mine does it
What set up do they have? Is the machine stock?
If the stock with ur setup, it's just a matter of time
i am running a 53% internal gear reduction and 30% reduction portals

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Would there be any way to solve the issue other than smaller tires? I’ve seen P500s hit rev limiter in gear before and it not happen to them which is why I was curious why mine does it

i am running a 53% internal gear reduction and 30% reduction portals
Did this start after the IGR & portals or have you been running this set up for a while?

The P5 doesn't exactly have a speed limiter, it limits RPM based on Gear position and Final shaft speed (speed sensor). If any of those are out of a given range in a given gear it will go into a fault mode...... not shift and usually show the dash for gear position "-".

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Did this start after the IGR & portals or have you been running this set up for a while?
The P5 doesn't exactly have a speed limiter, it limits RPM based on Gear position and Final shaft speed (speed sensor). If any of those are out of a given range in a given gear it will go into a fault mode...... not shift and usually show the dash for gear position "-".
☝️☝️☝️☝️THIS☝️☝️☝️☝️

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!