The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I don't have my shocks in front of me, but does anyone know what size spanner wrench One would need for these? I'd rather not use a hammer and punch on my shiny new shocks. I anticipate me messing with/adjusting these quite a bit until I find a setting that I like.

Reactions: Dave75
Dave75

Dave75

Lifetime Member
Jan 5, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 520
I don't have my shocks in front of me, but does anyone know what size spanner wrench One would need for these? I'd rather not use a hammer and punch on my shiny new shocks. I anticipate me messing with/adjusting these quite a bit until I find a setting that I like
Don't be a sad Panda... life is too short.

I bought stage 1 Elkas. They should be here this week and I am trying to come up with a way to test them with some type of metric other than: "Wow! These $1k shocks ride great and I'm so glad I spent the money on them."

If I can get my hands on a gopro for a "before and after" run down a rocky trail. That might demonstrate more suspension movement, otherwise how would you truly measure it?pos
Don't be a sad Panda... life is too short.

I bought stage 1 Elkas. They should be here this week and I am trying to come up with a way to test them with some type of metric other than: "Wow! These $1k shocks ride great and I'm so glad I spent the money on them."

If I can get my hands on a gopro for a "before and after" run down a rocky trail. That might demonstrate more suspension movement, otherwise how would you truly measure it?
Please post a photo of the Elkas next to the stock shocks. I would like to compare them to the WE shocks.

Reactions: crewcabrob
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I don't have my shocks in front of me, but does anyone know what size spanner wrench One would need for these? I'd rather not use a hammer and punch on my shiny new shocks. I anticipate me messing with/adjusting these quite a bit until I find a setting that I like.

You can get one at most any power sports dealer for like $10. Take the shock with you.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I called WE and they said they were 16weeks out before they can get me anything. They said they can’t get any springs. Elka stage 1 I was told 6 weeks and I can get a full set for around 950. I wonder if the WE on front and Elkas on back would be the best of both worlds? 🤔

Kkettlebell

Kkettlebell

Apr 1, 2022
Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I called WE and they said they were 16weeks out before they can get me anything. They said they can’t get any springs. Elka stage 1 I was told 6 weeks and I can get a full set for around 950. I wonder if the WE on front and Elkas on back would be the best of both worlds? 🤔
I was going to do the same thing but decided to go Elka stage one all the way around, they build them specific to your weight and riding style so should be dialed right out of the box, sometimes not having the ability to adjust/mess with things can be a good thing.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
How soon can Elka get your a full set of Stage 5's? I, for one, would like to see a p5 sent into low Earth orbit and brought back safely. NASA will almost definitely cancel all their SpaceX contracts in favor of Honda when they find out just how versatile the p5 is.

I'm just sayin'. Think about it.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
How soon can Elka get your a full set of Stage 5's? I, for one, would like to see a p5 sent into low Earth orbit and brought back safely. NASA will almost definitely cancel all their SpaceX contracts in favor of Honda when they find out just how versatile the p5 is.

I'm just sayin'. Think about it.
You send me the 2 grand, I’ll mount them, contact NASA and send it FedEx overnight so it can jump on next flight up! :D

S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
Back in the day, Honey helped me put the front Evans on then mentioned we should try them out. We didn't get a half mile before both of us, without much being said, spun it around and put on the rears. I've mentioned before that the fronts absorb the hits but the rears provide the comfort. Any of the quality shocks will be the best investment you'll make.......

Dave75

Dave75

Lifetime Member
Jan 5, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 520
Update: the trails in Northeast Wisconsin that gave me trouble in 2021are a lot better with front WE shocks. The biggest improvement was the washboarding on the gravel trails. The photos are from October of this year. Took the dog on a run on the logging roads, he was very happy.

111D7F3D 0ADD 4B0E B65A DDBD52F0931C 8514FAFA 493D 43CB 8A68 F6010F58C2F6

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!