P500 P520

F

Fender

Aug 26, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just a heads up to those possibly looking to get into the smaller sized Pioneer, it looks like there will be a P520 version for 2021. I don’t see any details yet, but it looks like the 500 and a 520 version will be available. I know many on here had guessed they may be coming out with a 520, so u guys were bang on!! Can’t wait to hear the details....safe travels Everyone!!!

A

ayhanmecit

Jul 26, 2020
west hills, ca
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just a heads up to those possibly looking to get into the smaller sized Pioneer, it looks like there will be a P520 version for 2021. I don’t see any details yet, but it looks like the 500 and a 520 version will be available. I know many on here had guessed they may be coming out with a 520, so u guys were bang on!! Can’t wait to hear the details....safe travels Everyone!!!
Just saw this as well. Wonder what the major differences will be. Front locking diff and more travel would be a grand slam!

Reactions: Isaiah
F

Fender

Aug 26, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yes....would be nice! I was also thinking the same.....be very interested to see if main issues almost everyone has talked about gets addressed... ( locking diff, susp travel, power steering, etc). Have to think that at least a couple concerns will be addressed....hopefully...🤔

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
is the current 500 a CAT? Which is preferred?
Did you mean CVT?
No.

Current 500 is a manual transmission with a auto shifting program.

The new Rubicon 520 is a DCT, Dual Clutch Transmission.

Honda will unify the motor lineup and drop the older Foreman powertrain the 500 currently has.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Then again... We all know Honda is slow at updating anything.. Look at the Rincon. It turned 18 this year. Besides a 650 to 680 upgrade its been the same.

A cylinder and head is a cheap upgrade to introduce a "new model". cough cough.

F

Fender

Aug 26, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
if that’s the case what will The P 520 DCT bring to the market that the 500 hasn’t?

Reactions: Isaiah
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
A lot of guys in this thread are talking (typing?) very matter-of-fact. Is any of this confirmed? Insider info that you're not spilling? I've seen HondaProKevin's site, but I have no idea who that guy is. Trusted source?

Signed,

A guy who's holding out for 2021 deets vs buying a 2020.

P.S. Please spill the beans. Kthx.

S

Silentx

Feb 26, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It would certainly be a nice addition if they offered a DCT transmission, front locker "Selectable" and power steering. I'm not going to get my hopes up about the suspension travel as though mods would take Honda a while to research and implement. The engine upgrade with transmission and possibly differential locker "Selectable" is the quickest and easiest method to implement IMO... Oh and Power Steering would certainly be a easy add too. If price point is their concern have a base model no frills, and a deluxe model all the frills!

Last edited:
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
It would certainly be a nice addition if they offered a DCT transmission with a bit higher digital rev limiter front locker too. I'm not going to get my hopes up about the suspension travel as though mods would take Honda a while to research and implement. The engine upgrade with transmission and possibly differential locker "Selectable" is the quickest and easiest method to implement IMO...

Would LOVE to be able to lock/unlock the front diff. The Torq Locker seems nice for those who just ride recreationally, but I plan on using whatever P5xx I get for yard work as well and would prefer not to shred my lawn.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Would LOVE to be able to lock/unlock the front diff. The Torq Locker seems nice for those who just ride recreationally, but I plan on using whatever P5xx I get for yard work as well and would prefer not to shred my lawn.
The solid rear axle is what really tears up the yard. If in 2wd no issue with torque locker on mine. Lawn tread tires might help some. Forget which member made a rear hub to free wheel.
P500 should have had the DCT and locker from the start. Power steering Is a easy mod by most owners.

Last edited:
F

Fender

Aug 26, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
All I kni
The solid rear axle is what really tears up the yard. If in 2wd no issue with torque locker on mine. Lawn tread tires might help some. Forget which member made a rear hub to free wheel.
P500 should have had the DCT and locker from the start. Power steering Is a easy mod by most owners.

All I know is specs for 700 and 1000 for 2021 are already out, but no details for the 500....so u have to think something is in the works...

F

Fender

Aug 26, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
All I kni

All I know is specs for 700 and 1000 for 2021 are already out, but no details for the 500....so u have to think something is in the works...
Just spoke to my local dealer. They are bringing in some P500s for 2021, but he either doesn’t have any further update on changes, or he won’t tell me ...lol. He cannot confirm the rumour of a 520 being brought into the mix. Anyways, going to keep checking daily to see what news comes forward..appreciate if any of you folks can do the same...safe travels!!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just spoke to my local dealer. They are bringing in some P500s for 2021, but he either doesn’t have any further update on changes, or he won’t tell me ...lol. He cannot confirm the rumour of a 520 being brought into the mix. Anyways, going to keep checking daily to see what news comes forward..appreciate if any of you folks can do the same...safe travels!!
Hoping to see “Owner Status” changed soon. Especially if its a P520. I mentioned the P520 to the wife and she asked if I’m having a mid-life crisis moment, AGAIN.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!