P1000 paddle shifter sticking

B

bbellz19

Sep 18, 2014
hey guys I just purchased a 2016 Honda pioneer 1000-5. I got it home from the dealer which is 3 hours away and the downshift paddle is sticking when you use it doesn't snap back. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone or if there were any ideas as to what is causing this

Reactions: pct
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I would call my dealer where I got it from. I never seen or heard of that happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pct and Eltobgi
TractorMan

TractorMan

May 19, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Happened to mine on the up shift paddle. Pull the plastic cover off, remove the bolt on your paddle that is sticking, pull the bushing out and put some good gun grease on the bushing and put it back together. Really simple procedure. Nothing too involved.

B

bbellz19

Sep 18, 2014
Happened to mine on the up shift paddle. Pull the plastic cover off, remove the bolt on your paddle that is sticking, pull the bushing out and put some good gun grease on the bushing and put it back together. Really simple procedure. Nothing too involved.

hey thanks Tractorman I actually did this last night and the bolt that holds the paddle shifter was way to tight I backed it off some and oiled it works fine now thanks

B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
My upshift paddle did the same thing yesterday. When I get home I will grease, thanks for the info.

Reactions: Ridem32
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!