P700m4 Paddle Shifter

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
I have a 2014 700-4 and have been very pleased, however when I purchased it not long after I thought it would be nice to be able to have an auto mode and an electric shift mode. Well, looks like the 17 models have that ability. Does anyone know if you can buy parts to add this to my 14 or has anyone tried this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: allgm1 and swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
You are the first I have heard ask this question on any of the 700 forums.If you hear anything please let us know.

Reactions: Tflynn
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You are the first I have heard ask this question on any of the 700 forums.If you hear anything please let us know.

I would think it’d need the extra wires, ECU, and probably some additional sensors that the 14 didn’t come with.

I’d start by comparing the wiring diagrams.

Then the parts diagrams to see if the mounting points are there.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
I wonder if "by chance" a "good" mechanic (if there's such a thing) at a Honda dealer might have some insight? I'm guessing that type of information from a dealer might be "top secret" b/c they would rather talk you into buying a new one. Anyone have a good ol buddy that's a Honda mechanic that could help a good ol boy out?

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
Called my local dealer today and he said it might be possible to add the paddle shifters on but he said it would more than likely cost more to do than if you sold the machine and just bought a new one with it already on it. He also said the 17's have a different transmission than the 14-16's. I don't know if that's true or just a sales gimmick. Maybe someone else on here can come up with and option in the future.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!