Paiute Trail Width Restrictions

Cobweb

Cobweb

Mar 2, 2019
Hexi Hollow
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hey all, looking for some advise.

Coming from the Pennsylvania again next summer (spent a week in the Duck Creek Village area last summer) and are considering staying in the Marysvale or Eagle Point Resort areas to ride the Paiute Trail system. Our plan is to do about 100 mile loops each day for 4-5 days. All of us have 64" wide machines and I see on the maps there are many trails that are limited to 50" or 60" widths.

Will this be a problem for our plan? We like to do new trails each day and not repeat if possible.

Also, is there a better area we should be looking at like maybe north of I70? Seems like a lot of trails in that area that are not width limited.

Our target week for this trip is the first week of August, so Moab is out due to the heat.

Appreciate any advise.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ask @JTW .
From what I understand only trails in marysvale are 50" everything you can ride a bigger buggy on a Toyota camry would be more convenient.

Cobweb

Cobweb

Mar 2, 2019
Hexi Hollow
Ownership

1. Talon R
Ask @JTW .
From what I understand only trails in marysvale are 50" everything you can ride a bigger buggy on a Toyota camry would be more convenient.

Well not really looking for trails you can drive a Camry on. We prefer much more challenging riding.

J

JTW

DON’T GO TO MARYSVALE!!! Any good riding is 50”.. Moab is my suggestion.. If it’s hot you can go into the LaSal mountains or ride some of the canyons. It really won’t matter where you go in august.. it’s going to be hot! But Marysvale sucks!!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well not really looking for trails you can drive a Camry on. We prefer much more challenging riding.
Yeah a big group from here went 2 years ago. Unless you are 50" its slim picking. I believe most or some left early.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Hondasxs . @JACKAL .

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
I rode in the Marysvale area with other members on here in 2018. They do have 50 inch barriers at the most inconvenient places that you will NOT be able to get around and that probably is where the more challenging trails were.

Reactions: Tigermark
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey all, looking for some advise.

Coming from the Pennsylvania again next summer (spent a week in the Duck Creek Village area last summer) and are considering staying in the Marysvale or Eagle Point Resort areas to ride the Paiute Trail system. Our plan is to do about 100 mile loops each day for 4-5 days. All of us have 64" wide machines and I see on the maps there are many trails that are limited to 50" or 60" widths.

Will this be a problem for our plan? We like to do new trails each day and not repeat if possible.

Also, is there a better area we should be looking at like maybe north of I70? Seems like a lot of trails in that area that are not width limited.

Our target week for this trip is the first week of August, so Moab is out due to the heat.

Appreciate any advise.

Not much Technical Trails for 64" machines on Paiute Trail System, however the scenery is outstanding. Spent 3 weeks there in 2012 and did 1600 miles in a 50" machine, spent a week there in 2018 on a club group ride I organized. links my ride report of the area with a TON of useful info. Also linking out group ride photo video thread from 2018.. Be your own judge, but definitely worth going once for a week and if time isn't pressing hit MOAB on way back for challenging terrain.

Ride Report on area: Ride Report - Paiute Trails / Central Utah - The Honda Side by Side Club!

2018 Pioneers on to Paiute group ride photo thread: Pioneers on the Paiute Official Picture Thread - The Honda Side by Side Club!

Thread about the group ride good info and a lot of bullcrap :p : HondaSXS Club Ride Pioneers on the Paiute Sep. 21st-24th 2018... [Sep 21, 2018] (Marysvale, UT) - The Honda Side by Side Club!

Jetsaround1

Jetsaround1

Sep 3, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
North of the paiute trail, is the Arapeen trail system as well ...I have not been on it yet but from the outdoor shows and maps it is more friendly for the wider machines...I just came back from the Paiute in October and my P500 is stock width at 50 inches and it just barely fit thru some of the 50 inch gates ...In fact I measured one gate and it was at 49 inches ...so they are serious about the width restriction.

Reactions: Cobweb and TimG
Jamesa

Jamesa

Aug 10, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm with Jetsaround1, go do the Arapeen Trail system above Sanpete county. I live here in Sevier county and my 1000 is pretty much is stuck to the roads for the most part. The Piute trail system is awesome but has some serious drawbacks if you don't have a 50" machine. There are some great rides out of Marysvale but I could give you a bunch that are better if you have a larger machine. The arapeen system is great cause they realized people don't just by 50" anymore so they have upgraded most of the trails to like 66" there are a bunch that are 50" but not near as many. if you have questions hit me up I live right here so I have been on a lot of them

J

JTW

I'm with Jetsaround1, go do the Arapeen Trail system above Sanpete county. I live here in Sevier county and my 1000 is pretty much is stuck to the roads for the most part. The Piute trail system is awesome but has some serious drawbacks if you don't have a 50" machine. There are some great rides out of Marysvale but I could give you a bunch that are better if you have a larger machine. The arapeen system is great cause they realized people don't just by 50" anymore so they have upgraded most of the trails to like 66" there are a bunch that are 50" but not near as many. if you have questions hit me up I live right here so I have been on a lot of them
My pioneer and several that were with us were 68” wide. But it would have been nice to talk to you before that trip!

Reactions: TimG
Cobweb

Cobweb

Mar 2, 2019
Hexi Hollow
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm with Jetsaround1, go do the Arapeen Trail system above Sanpete county.

Thanks for that info. This is the area I was referring to above I70. Didn't know the name. Definitely going to look closely at that.

Jetsaround1

Jetsaround1

Sep 3, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
dont get me wrong ...if you have the time the paiute trail is like no other even if you have a larger machine it is still worth doing no doubt.

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
also keep in mind that part of the high country has snow till mid July above Marysvale

Since coming from east, might check out Silverton Colorado. Would say 2 to 3 good days & a lot of challenge . Then move back east towards Taylor Park area or go north past Montross CO and ride trails there . Can cover 5 days but suggest 1 move. Way better views than Marysvale. Moab Utah is great, but too hot for summer where Colorado is normally 10-15 degrees cooler than Moab. Moab is Mid March to late May & again Mid September to Mid November. Moab does have 80 rated marked trails with books that you can buy ahead to mark out routes

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!