P1000 Parking brake idea

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A lot of us have mentioned that a parking brake would be a nice feature. The new LE models have a feature called 'hill start assist'. When you are stopped on a hill, push this button, it locks up the brakes for 4-5 seconds allowing you to move your foot over to the gas pedal without worrying about sliding backwards. I've used this feature on mine and it works great. I'm just not sure I'll remember my bike has this feature. I'm accustomed to just using my left foot to hold the brake.
Anyway, does anyone know how this feature actually works? I'm thinking maybe it's possible to tap into it and use it as a parking brake? I'm assuming it's electrical and not a mechanical system since it disengages after a few seconds.

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hey.
Ya, I have asked this question too.
I'm guessing it's something like a line lock too. Will take a little playing around with but should be able to get it to work.
We need the wire diagram for the LE!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I submit 3 pictures for your viewing pleasure. I used my ipad to take the pics. Hopefully someone with more talent cant stitch the 2 pictures together. It was either ipad or 3 year old Blackberry.
IMG 0160

IMG 0161

IMG 0162

Reactions: JTW and Delton
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will retake them later with a much better camera. The system diagram should answer all your questions though.

Reactions: Hondasxs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!