P1000 Pedal modification

S

saw1

Apr 17, 2018
Fallon, Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought these at a auto parts store and attached them to the pedals, they seem to work well although they have only been used for a couple of months.

IMG 0284

S

saw1

Apr 17, 2018
Fallon, Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like, place you got and price ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They were purchased at O'Reilly Auto Parts for about $20. They are designed to use on a car or truck but I matched up the holes on the after market pedals to holes on the P1k pedals and mounted them up. You should be able to find them at most Auto parts stores.

G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did this mod on my 2014 pioneer 700 gas pedal and now on my 1000. I found that the pedal sits too high for me to rest my foot on the floor and press the gas pedal. After a while my leg and foot gets tired from having to lift it at all times IMG 1412 . I picked this pedal up at Oreily's. They used to carry just the gas and brake pedal but now it comes in a kit with shifter knob and valve stems for $31. I just used the gas pedal bolting it to the original pedal using stainless hardware. It extends the bottom of the pedal down a couple of inches making it much more comfortable for me. Looks a bit ricer but I like the comfort.

Jacks

Jacks

Jan 6, 2020
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reviving an older post. I gotta believe this bugs a ton of people and I have the same issue....shin and foot fatigue. My sons really noticed it as well. Gas pedal is too high up and close. I’ll probably try the Oreily’s option unless something else pops up. Thanks

D

dook

Aug 24, 2020
montana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is a good idea. I did the gas pedal only on my 1000. I did it a little differently, quick and lazy method.
Disconnect battery terminal. Cut a slot ito the top 2/3 of the arm. bend it down 1 1/2". Scab a piece of steel in the vee and clamp in place with vice grips. Put a wet rag on the plastic floor to protect it. Weld a glob in the vee. Touch up with black spray paint. Re-connect battery.
10 minute job.
I can live with the brake pedal the way it is since I never stop anyway.
I've been cussing the engineers over that gas pedal ever since I got this buggy. Now I'm happy!

Thanks for the suggestion! I would have suffered for a long time if I hadn't read this thread.
If I were a specially trained midget and a certified welder, the weld would be prettier, but who looks down there anyway?

Pedal 003

Last edited:
B

Bobbyh83

Nov 17, 2018
Magnolia
Thanks for bumping this lob the idea. I had trouble with the pedal in my stiff snake boots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Isaiah
advertisement
pioneeridr

pioneeridr

Apr 18, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
made this for my wife, 3/4 inch horse stall mat with left over skid plate material from OEM,,, heated for the bend and made so it will not extend far enough to slip under pedal when pressed all the way, attached to horse mat, and easily takin in and out, works great, she now can touch floor and work pedal, helps with the jerky feel for her good enough to enjoying driving now.

IMG 1248 IMG 1251

S

sporter

Nov 4, 2014
Has anyone other than Saw 1 and Graybear had any luck finding these at O'reilly's? It would help if I knew the name of the product, part # etc. My local O'reillys is searching their catalog for me, showed them a photo, didn't help.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone other than Saw 1 and Graybear had any luck finding these at O'reilly's? It would help if I knew the name of the product, part # etc. My local O'reillys is searching their catalog for me, showed them a photo, didn't help.
I've seen "pedals" at Autozone or Advanced Auto before. Pretty sure the Walmart automotive section has them even.

Reactions: Mudwing
S

sporter

Nov 4, 2014
At Advance Auto it's called PERFORMANCE COMBO KIT part # PM-2299R, Contains 3 pedals, 4 valve stem caps, Leather shift knob with matching shift boot. My cost with shipping and tax $37.04.

Reactions: TripleB
S

sporter

Nov 4, 2014
I did this mod on my 2014 pioneer 700 gas pedal and now on my 1000. I found that the pedal sits too high for me to rest my foot on the floor and press the gas pedal. After a while my leg and foot gets tired from having to lift it at all times View attachment 136986 . I picked this pedal up at Oreily's. They used to carry just the gas and brake pedal but now it comes in a kit with shifter knob and valve stems for $31. I just used the gas pedal bolting it to the original pedal using stainless hardware. It extends the bottom of the pedal down a couple of inches making it much more comfortable for me. Looks a bit ricer but I like the comfort.
So you drilled holes into the gas pedal? I can't tell from the photo, how many bolts did you use?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!