Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What's a "rank"?

Being forced to split wood is a lot different than doing just as extra heat. I haven't had to do it in many years...but if thats the case, splitter all the way. Just seems like wood heat is a better feeling warmth than a furnace.
Did you move back west or just visiting?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Around here people call a 4ft tal by 8ft long stack of wood a rank..i cut mine for my Hardy 30-35 in long. I love the heat from it...but its a full time job cutting wood in the winter

We call that a face cord and 40 to 45 was the number to have stacked and dry going into winter here, there was no back up heat. I used to split wood like a mad man when I was a teenager using a maul called Chopper 1. Picked one up a few years back and thought f*** that!
Pellets sound much easier to deal with.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We call that a face cord and 40 to 45 was the number to have stacked and dry going into winter here, there was no back up heat. I used to split wood like a mad man when I was a teenager using a maul called Chopper 1. Picked one up a few years back and thought f*** that!
Pellets sound much easier to deal with.
Im glad to not have winters like.yall have up there..i used a pole axe for years and swithched to a 8lb maul a few years ago. Not going to miss it a bit..ive seen those chopper 1 before..looks interesting.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
We heated our farm house solely with pellets for 10+ yrs, usually bought 6 ton in the fall, some years it was enough, others years we were out by March.
Now we have a smaller house, still use pellets but just as a supplement, 2 tons/yr.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!