DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Nothing like getting drunk running chain saws and splitting wood with your buddies, HA! Usually leave the beer drinking while we unload the wood!
I must shamefully admit to this except I've never had a wood splitter. Always done by hand.
Game on the radio, brisk fall air, making wood quarters. One of the finer things in life.

J

JTW

I agree, but you'll need a big garage for ten years of pellets, if your a prepper. You live in SW Missouri don't you, your winters are probably about the same as ours, I burn ten to fifteen ricks of wood depending on the spring warm up. My point is, if poop hits the fan for ten years, where are you going to get pellets to make gas for your generator that runs your pellet stove for heat, they have an electric fan and auger? I'm not a prepper and I didn't freak out 1999 for the up coming year, I have a garden and seeds for next year and a well I can hand draw water from????? I really like pellet stoves for regular people like me, but preppers are out there with there reasoning.
I do not live in Missouri..

Reactions: sharp and Plumber32
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I must shamefully admit to this except I've never had a wood splitter. Always done by hand.
Game on the radio, brisk fall air, making wood quarters. One of the finer things in life.
I always do the sawing, I have two extremely sharp saws, one has a 24 inch bar the other a 32 inch, if we only have one splinter, I bail on sawing and help with splitting after 3 hours of sawing, we have two splinters, saw all day. The 24 has a 72 cc motor, the 32 has a 80 cc motor, we can cut, split a lot of fire wood in a day and drink a lot of beer!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Since the truck for sale thread has been such a smashing success... :rolleyes:

Harman Pellet Stove... all the paperwork and install info ($4500) It was put in the house by the previous owners and I used it for one year. My wife wanted a stone fireplace with mantel so I’m putting in gas logs. Worked great and easy to use but it’s just sitting in the basement now. Needs to go. Looks about as pictured.
1900 obo
View attachment 90221
Can you get me the exact model number, so I look at venting and dimensions, might be a good fit for the kitchen. I have two stoves.

Reactions: Plumber32
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Harman Pellet Stove... all the paperwork and install info ($4500) It was put in the house by the previous owners and I used it for one year. My wife wanted a stone fireplace with mantel so I’m putting in gas logs. Worked great and easy to use but it’s just sitting in the basement now. Needs to go. Looks about as pictured.
1900 obo
View attachment 90221

1900 obo
View attachment 90221
You know, thats one ugly stove! I think it needs to go in a camper!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

1900 obo
View attachment 90221
If you are using gas logs, please get a carbon monoxide detector, gas logs are dangerous!

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like it too!
Yeah...splitting wood by hand is great until.you split 15-20 rank a year. I have done that for the last 10 years. Thankful the new place im buying doesnt have a outside wood furnace.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah...splitting wood by hand is great until.you split 15-20 rank a year. I have done that for the last 10 years. Thankful the new place im buying doesnt have a outside wood furnace.
What's a "rank"?

Being forced to split wood is a lot different than doing just as extra heat. I haven't had to do it in many years...but if thats the case, splitter all the way. Just seems like wood heat is a better feeling warmth than a furnace.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What's a "rank"?

Being forced to split wood is a lot different than doing just as extra heat. I haven't had to do it in many years...but if thats the case, splitter all the way. Just seems like wood heat is a better feeling warmth than a furnace.
Around here people call a 4ft tal by 8ft long stack of wood a rank..i cut mine for my Hardy 30-35 in long. I love the heat from it...but its a full time job cutting wood in the winter

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Around here people call a 4ft tal by 8ft long stack of wood a rank..i cut mine for my Hardy 30-35 in long. I love the heat from it...but its a full time job cutting wood in the winter
Yes it is.

Reactions: sharp
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What's a "rank"?

Can't beat the fuel that warms ya twice.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!