Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
What's crazy is @JACKAL broke more in 1 trip up no business than our 9 machines put together. I thought he quoted 3 axels and a clutch and I can see how easily that could happen it was as brutal as it gets.
Yeah, 2 CV joints ate it while in full lock going up Hell's Canyon. Got in a bind but had to get loose, popped the left front and right rear in a manner of 15 minutes, clutch went about 3 hours later, just got too hot. It was a 10 hour ride, messed thing up a little after halfway through. Drove it to the trailer with 1 wheel drive at the end of the day. 3 years ago before we knew to carry spares

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have just parked the pioneer in the garage... will have to look over later but damage I know about is bother the side skid plates were ripped off at some point ( I have both , one of them due to @Cuoutdoors and @JTW finding behind me on the trail and the the other was hanging on by a zip tie so I went ahead and removed. Bent tie rod and a tie rod end / knuckle needs replacing. Plus some beauty marks on the sides from the Briar Rabbit trail.

I may have posted a few of these already
E89D4A91 2934 45B0 9AAC 7D994C18A8EE CC13FEC9 EC88 4B9D B11D D2EDE31C2983 9310BBC0 771E 4F2D BE9C 57C13F7D40B4 0ECFFD63 8638 448D B41D 3C7EA414E819 CD147FFA 470B 47BA A72C 8FC0A177905E 4BC2DDC6 E1C9 4489 8253 E8BDACE5EB26

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, 2 CV joints ate it while in full lock going up Hell's Canyon. Got in a bind but had to get loose, popped the left front and right rear in a manner of 15 minutes, clutch went about 3 hours later, just got too hot. It was a 10 hour ride, messed thing up a little after halfway through. Drove it to the trailer with 1 wheel drive at the end of the day. 3 years ago before we knew to carry spares
That's all I was was thinking when we started the trail!

Reactions: BWAF
advertisement
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
That’s a good point... but Jackal is one of those extreme gravel riders sooooo, there’s that.

Bold statement from a cuck that brings a mini bike to a SXS ride leaving his SXS at home. :rolleyes:

Does your ass ever get jealous of all the s*** that comes out of your mouth? :D

J

JTW

Bold statement from a cuck that brings a mini bike to a SXS ride leaving his SXS at home. :rolleyes:

Does your ass ever get jealous of all the s*** that comes out of your mouth? :D
I’ll give you that there was a gross over estimate of my cardio abilities! There may have been a slight mental lapse to expect to hop on it and ride it like I stole it given it’s been a year since I last trail rode it. The trails of Tackett aren’t quite what they we’re in Colorado!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I’ll give you that there was a gross over estimate of my cardio abilities! There may have been a slight mental lapse to expect to hop on it and ride it like I stole it given it’s been a year since I last trail rode it. The trails of Tackett aren’t quite what they we’re in Colorado!

A motor cycle would have killed me, if not from trying to ride it, dragging it out

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
So you took your dirtbike and NOT the P1k'?

J

JTW

So you took your dirtbike and NOT the P1k'?
Yup.. haven’t had time to go thru the pioneer since Moab and just decided to ride with @Cuoutdoors... my thought was... we would get to racket early during the day and I’d just play around on the mountain until the later groups got in. Then go down, Park the bike in the trailer and ride back up with them. Well, we didn’t get there early enough and when we left it was after dark. So there I was... try and ride it a little or leave it. I gave it a go and it just wasn’t any fun at all, so I turned around and went back.

J

JTW

A motor cycle would have killed me, if not from trying to ride it, dragging it out
And that’s why I said f*** it on the way up the hill! It was just too loose and rocky. I had assumed the trail up would be like the logging roads around there. That was a gross miscalculation. If it had been day light I would have pressed on. But it just wasn’t worth it.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!