P1000 Pioneer 1000-3 What's Behind The Seat Back??

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I want to remove the seat back and add insulation to the back wall of the cab.

What's behind the seat back?

Is there a reason why I can't glue sheet rubber to the cab wall then reinstall the seat back?

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Is there a reason why I can't glue sheet rubber to the cab wall then reinstall the seat back?
I did this with a dynamat like material. I recommend heavily cleaning this. I thought I cleaned it good enough but in about a years time it came unstuck. I think @trigger is making a product for this. His wasn't available at the time I needed it and I made my own variation with some old rubber roof.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Thanks to each of you who responded.

Can I understand from your replies and the photo on the product website that I can remove the seat back and glue thick rubber sheeting or automotive Dynamat or the Quick Shield product to the inside wall of the back of the cab without interfering with any hardware, wiring, or engine air intake?

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It made the seat back for mine I bit harder to install. I'd say triggers fit. And finish is probably better. Mine was a rush a couple days before an out of town ride.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Thanks.

I'm trying to talk my dealership's service department into installing the sheet rubber I've purchased for this purpose. Maybe htis thread will hellp.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks.

I'm trying to talk my dealership's service department into installing the sheet rubber I've purchased for this purpose. Maybe htis thread will hellp.

Up to you but I wouldn't glue anything to the plastics, it's not necessary. What I make covers as much as possible, doesn't interfere with anything for maintenance and is removable for cleaning or if you just want the heat in the winter. Don't know what rubber you're using either but this stuff's about as thick as you can go and remain pliable. It goes for $100 for a 10x10 piece online. For another $15....
If you insist on using what you have though, make sure to get enough for two. I've made a dozen patterns and the first one is going to suck no matter how good they are, it'll be close and usable but not perfect. Fine tune the fit with the second one and if it's cut right you won't need the glue.
As for how well it works, there's a couple out there installed and they say it helped with the heat and noise.

advertisement
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've got one,just haven't put it on yet.
The link just reminded me I need one for my 3 seater for the coming summer.. I have one on my 5 seater and like it. Easy to install and remove for the winter months if you want the heat. Seems to be durable material and should last the life of the machine but only time will tell on that part.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
My goal is cab noise reduction. How effective have the various products and ideas been in reducing noise level in the cab?

Made the original one for my P5 to reduce cab heat and it worked great for that. Never noticed the noise reduction until I rode in one that didn't have it. Damn that thing was loud!

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I appreciate the responses but I wasn't able to get the information I was seeking.

Does anyone have a photo of the area behind the seat in a P1K3 with the seat back removed? I need to see a cab without the seat back installed in order to decide what to do.

I haven't been able to talk the service manager at my selling dealer into letting his techs install 3/8" rubber sheeting on the back wall of my cab. I'm determined to install the rubber sheet I have already purchased or possibly self-adhesive Dynamat.

Reactions: pct and Lady01
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I appreciate the responses but I wasn't able to get the information I was seeking.

Does anyone have a photo of the area behind the seat in a P1K3 with the seat back removed? I need to see a cab without the seat back installed in order to decide what to do.

I haven't been able to talk the service manager at my selling dealer into letting his techs install 3/8" rubber sheeting on the back wall of my cab. I'm determined to install the rubber sheet I have already purchased or possibly self-adhesive Dynamat.

3/8" is pretty thick man, you'll probably have to get longer bolts for the seat back. Dynamat is a great product for areas that are hidden and never see daylight. The problem is that the facing tears over time and looks like sh**. Not to mention all the sticky crap left behind. Sorry, I don't have any pics or I'd share them.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Thanks. I'm certain you are correct but the area behind my seat back is not subject to wear and tear activity and, once installedd, will never be seen again. It will be hidden behind the seat.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
@trigger,
Is there a reason you didn't use adhesive to attach your product to the back wall of the cab?

What is behind your rubber panels in the photos on your website?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger,
Is there a reason you didn't use adhesive to attach your product to the back wall of the cab?

What is behind your rubber panels in the photos on your website?

It's not necessary as it hangs from the seat bolts, that's why I said you'd probably need longer bolts for 3/8" material. A few machines required putting in plastic push pins or using existing ones but never adhesives. It doesn't hold forever and then you're left with a mess. Keep in mind that a shield also covers the area under the seat too. One big rubber blanket that covers all the plastics, nothing behind it and once the seats are reinstalled it can't move. You can remove the bottom cushion and fold the rubber back to access the under seat plastics though, maintenance and such. Take it out altogether in the winter when you welcome the heat.
I've personally beat this subject to death over the last few yrs. Looked at all the competition and the materials being used. Of course there's other ways of doing it but I'm convinced there's no better way. It's why I filed for a patent and went all in.
You get a BA sticker too. :cool:

Quick Shield

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Hello, On my 2019 P1K3, the seat back IS the rear wall... with the honda hard enclosure installed the rear wall comes down to the rear cross bars.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!