P1000 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe - Accessories - Lights ? - Small Fortune Tied Up In This Thing?

DAV11

DAV11

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed the lights from the club store. In front there is one that plugs into your high beam. In back there are 1 or 2 that go on when you are in reverse. I also ran a separate light to the rear.

Reactions: Lady01
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I installed the lights from the club store. In front there is one that plugs into your high beam. In back there are 1 or 2 that go on when you are in reverse. I also ran a separate light to the rear.
I prefer lights that are independent of the other (OEM) lights (e.g., high beams, reverse lights).

Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CHeck out
I have a Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe ordered and I have decided to order the Honda hard roof, under dash pocket, rear bumper and the Super ATV Flip up windshield.
I am thinking about adding some lights and wanted some thoughts from others.
Long light bar for hood or top of roof? Curved or straight (does it really matter?)?
I saw some post about the branches ripping off roof mounted light bar and I understand that; however, it seems the light from top would be ideal? - How durable are these lights (will they hold up to brush and small branches that grow over trails?)
Rear lights - Should I go with. a small light bar near middle bumper or two lights from each side of rear roof?
Any feedback is appreciated.
Tom
Very Much dependent on your intended use. Check out the Posts from Piney Life on you tube for the light bar up front; Its a simple, curved light bar that mounts just below the windshield. I your looking for a small, staight one for the front bumper, check out the S x S store. As for the rear, if the inteded use is for back up, The store has a great back up system consisting of a dual set up.
I have a Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe ordered and I have decided to order the Honda hard roof, under dash pocket, rear bumper and the Super ATV Flip up windshield.
I am thinking about adding some lights and wanted some thoughts from others.
Long light bar for hood or top of roof? Curved or straight (does it really matter?)?
I saw some post about the branches ripping off roof mounted light bar and I understand that; however, it seems the light from top would be ideal? - How durable are these lights (will they hold up to brush and small branches that grow over trails?)
Rear lights - Should I go with. a small light bar near middle bumper or two lights from each side of rear roof?
Any feedback is appreciated.
Tom

Reactions: Clew In and Lady01
J

jmoore983

Sep 22, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think you're off to a good start, but I highly recommend a winch. I also carry a tire plug kit/pump. The basics :). Take your time, if you buy it all before you get, you may wish you got something else later on. I got mine with just the roof, windshield, and winch. From there, I learned what I wanted additional after a few rides and didn't waste money on anything. Now I've added a 2nd battery, soundbar, rocker panel in dash with usb port and volt meter, on/off for sound bar, etc. I get around just fine at night without a light bar, but too each their own. I will be adding at least to the rear and sides for having light when working in the dark outside my ride.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I get around just fine at night without a light bar, but too each their own. I will be adding at least to the rear and sides for having light when working in the dark outside my ride.
I would at least consider the 12" plug-n-play front light from the HondaSXS club store. You can literally do the full install in under 5 minutes and it doesn't take an additional switch (turns on and off with high-beams). Not overbearing like the nine foot long hood or roof lights with elevendy billion LEDs in them to blind everyone around you.

Reactions: dvhanks and Lady01
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed a 54" curved Nilight about 3" below top of roof line (about even with bottom lip of roof). Also Nilight pods near bottom of windshield. The bumper mounted light bar came stock on the SE, it is a narrow beam spot, and if I didn't have the other lights, I'd replace it (only good for long straight stretches of road).

The big light bar is flippin' amazing, instant daylight, but I'd never use it with other traffic out front.

20211017 112959

The rear lights (not shown - mounted on back roof lip), as well as the pods up front, switches are wired to always on from the aux fuse box. This allows either to be used as work or convenience lighting, as they only draw a bit less than 1 amp each. The big light bar is "key-on" only, as it draws 16.5 amps.

vbk

vbk

Aug 14, 2017
california
Ownership

1. 1000-5
bumperm, Where did you get the mounts ? I want to do the same position, as I need a top light due to snow, and I have a clearance issue with top of roof due to garage.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
bumperm, Where did you get the mounts ? I want to do the same position, as I need a top light due to snow, and I have a clearance issue with top of roof due to garage.

I made them. First made a thin cardboard pattern to figure out the size and bends to get things to line up - I made the arms too long on purpose, so I could get the light as close as possible (it's curved, but the center will touch the roof first). All together took way longer that makes sense -but then fabricating one-off stuff usually does.

There are some offered on eBay that should do, I think. Here's an example.

eBay mount

(picture below is the one I made before shortening and drilling mounting hole)

20210804 220255

advertisement
vbk

vbk

Aug 14, 2017
california
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, I think I will make my own, I don't like the E bay mounts as the lite sticks out to far. Thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!