P1000m5 Pioneer 1000-5 on a 12 foot Jumping Jack Tent Trailer

J

JAL

Nov 22, 2020
Medford, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup. Pioneer 1000-5 spotted, in the wild, on top of a 12 foot Jumping Jack Tent Trailer.

Loaded1

J

JAL

Nov 22, 2020
Medford, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi Tim... You are correct. At first, I mounted the two Rotopax containers to the center roll bar. This interfered with my view through my rear view mirror. Also, I was not so happy with the possibility of fuel dripping down between the seat and cargo bed. I found a PAX bar mount that I modified and I moved the Rotopax gas container to the rear onto the swing out spare tire structure. I left the water container in the cab.

If you look closely on the right of this photo, I added a clamp on mount for a Chameleon 2M Ham Radio antenna which is on order. These antennas were designed for RVs and do not require a metal ground plane.

Rotaopax2

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi Tim... You are correct. At first, I mounted the two Rotopax containers to the center roll bar. This interfered with my view through my rear view mirror. Also, I was not so happy with the possibility of fuel dripping down between the seat and cargo bed. I found a PAX bar mount that I modified and I moved the Rotopax gas container to the rear onto the swing out spare tire structure. I left the water container in the cab.

If you look closely on the right of this photo, I added a clamp on mount for a Chameleon 2M Ham Radio antenna which is on order. These antennas were designed for RVs and do not require a metal ground plane.

View attachment 237184
You in Oregonifornia? I see the ATV sticker.
I'm on the wet side.
Nice rack, looks familiar.
20200919 113723

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!