Pioneer 1000-5 Radio

S

srcunningham

Jan 31, 2021
WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are you guys finding and running for radios/ speakers. Pioneer 1000-5. Looking for recommendations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Backwoods and TxDoc
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Music as in I want to listen to my local am/fm stations and maybe catch the weather forecast or a rolling jukebox with amps that Bluetooths everything.
If you want an/fm I suggest one of the marine radios. I have one of the round ones running four Pyle marine speakers that I put in an overhead box. It’s loud enough on the trails and when I’m working. At highway speeds with the tire noise it has a hard time competing. I went this rout because I didn’t see a lot of am/fm options in the soundbars About 200$ without the box

Reactions: Backwoods
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My personal opinion:

You can find my whole system in my entire build.

Other than connection issues with Bluetooth I like the swamp donkey.

I run the swamp donkey
Rockford subwoofer
Kicker sound pods
Rockville amp

Reactions: Backwoods
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What are you guys finding and running for radios/ speakers. Pioneer 1000-5. Looking for recommendations.
SwampDonkey!
Or a JBL pod and add the speakers of your choice!
The first set up, youll see in my Talon build, the second, there are two variations of it in my P1 build. Click on my Avitar to find them .

Side note, there are many many many radio configs everyone is running. To know them all would be like reading every book in the library of congress much like the “what size tire” question but on a smaller scale. Just pic you gut feel and run with it, change, modify it as you see fit.
And post pics of what you ever decide to do.
Dont leave us hanging like Epsine Like with your P1😉

Mudwisel

Mudwisel

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
Just my take. I can be kind of and audio snob so I love great sound. It realy comes down to your expectations and what you want. If I wanted the most bad ass system out I would not have what I have now. I did want simple and easy in the 1000. I can tell you this I have been very impressed with my JBL sound bar . IMO far better sounding than most of the other sound bars. I would rather have quality sound over volume. Really comes down to what are your expectations and how extensive a system you want.

aleaddict

aleaddict

Lifetime Member
Jan 17, 2021
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t like blasting music for the whole world to hear. Instead I went with a PCI Race Radio and four headsets. The headsets dampen the noise of the motor and you can BT your favorite setlist in true stereo (unlike Rugged Radios). Plus the intercom allows you to carry on a conversation with your passengers while still listening to music in the background. I am very happy with this setup.

Pictured here with my copilot Zac Brown 🐾

IMG 6528

advertisement
aleaddict

aleaddict

Lifetime Member
Jan 17, 2021
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good to know. When I bought my PCI radios, the Rugged only came with “high fidelity.”

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
RuggedRadios STX is true stereo.
@aleaddict
☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻THIS☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻
Nod Nod Wink Wink😉

Reactions: Scoop
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I don’t like blasting music for the whole world to hear. Instead I went with a PCI Race Radio and four headsets. The headsets dampen the noise of the motor and you can BT your favorite setlist in true stereo (unlike Rugged Radios). Plus the intercom allows you to carry on a conversation with your passengers while still listening to music in the background. I am very happy with this setup.

Pictured here with my copilot Zac Brown 🐾

View attachment 446820
Thats a cool pic!
Ole Blue would have swiped those off pretty quick😂

Reactions: Scoop
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I would rather have quality sound over volume.
Exactly! I've built a sh!t ton of systems over the yrs and still have them in everything I own but I've found the older I get the less volume I need and the more simplistic they've become. Loud is easy, clean takes more work.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you want to go high end, check out the roofs from Audioformz.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!