P1000 Pioneer 1000-5 rear camber issue

Parkspremier

Parkspremier

Dec 18, 2020
Central oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New member here so I apologize if this is an already discussed heavily topic but having a hard time finding the information I’m looking for. That said I have a 2016 pioneer 1000-5 and went for a ride last weekend and it was brought to my attention how bad the camber is on the rear tires of my pioneer. I was with 2 other pioneers so we were able to compare across the 3. The rear tires of my machine lean in at the top significantly more than the other 2. Is the fix just shock replacement since the camber is not adjustable with factory A arms? I never felt the suspension bottom out thankfully but we came up with the conclusion that the self leveling valving may not be working correctly?! I ordered some suspension spring spacers to try in the mean time but they won’t be here until next week. Anyone else have this issue and found any solutions? Thank you

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That is common with stock arms. Honda has them set up that way. The only way to fix it is with aftermarket arms

Reactions: Isaiah
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
New member here so I apologize if this is an already discussed heavily topic but having a hard time finding the information I’m looking for. That said I have a 2016 pioneer 1000-5 and went for a ride last weekend and it was brought to my attention how bad the camber is on the rear tires of my pioneer. I was with 2 other pioneers so we were able to compare across the 3. The rear tires of my machine lean in at the top significantly more than the other 2. Is the fix just shock replacement since the camber is not adjustable with factory A arms? I never felt the suspension bottom out thankfully but we came up with the conclusion that the self leveling valving may not be working correctly?! I ordered some suspension spring spacers to try in the mean time but they won’t be here until next week. Anyone else have this issue and found any solutions? Thank you
Back in May I was riding with a couple of guys on the forum and they noticed the same thing on mine. My rear wheel bearings were shot. I replaced them and it straightened my rear wheels up.
Attachments 10

Last edited:
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Pictures or it did not happen

• Love
Reactions: Remington
G

GuyOnABuffalo

That was at 4000 miles. I have 2 inch spacers on the rear so that doesn't help either. Thats pretty good on the bearings considering the conditions I ride.
I see.. is it normal to need spacers on these machines?

Parkspremier

Parkspremier

Dec 18, 2020
Central oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That was at 4000 miles. I have 2 inch spacers on the rear so that doesn't help either. Thats pretty good on the bearings considering the conditions I ride.
Well I will be checking that out tonight, did you notice it driving any different? My machine has 4400 miles on it, 300 of those are from since I bought it in December and have never driven any other pioneers prior so have nothing to compare to.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well I will be checking that out tonight, did you notice it driving any different? My machine has 4400 miles on it, 300 of those are from since I bought it in December and have never driven any other pioneers prior so have nothing to compare to.
I never noticed anything. My wife could hear a high pitched noise that I can't hear. She thought it was coming from the front but it was the rear because the bearings fixed the noise also.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Time to invest in a wheel bearing greasing tool for $28 😉😆
I've got 1 now. I changed the fronts at about 3500 and greased the rear then but obviously it was too late. They didn't even feel lose at 3500 but was falling out at 4000.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got 1 now. I changed the fronts at about 3500 and greased the rear then but obviously it was too late. They didn't even feel lose at 3500 but was falling out at 4000.
I’m thinking grease every 1k and they should be fine, if in a ton of water do it sooner.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!