BOX1

P1000 Pioneer 1000-5 Rear storage in door panels

Bumble Bee

Bumble Bee

Jan 1, 2022
Cove, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
mines a 2016 and the panels have a round indent where the push pins are. I was wondering if this mod would still work.
I am not sure. Mine had a round indent as well and I used that as a guide for drilling them out, but I don’t know if that indent is the same. I would recommend getting some of the push connectors first and visually comparing the pin, connector, and indent and see if it looks like it would work. If it won’t, you can always use connectors elsewhere. Hope that is somewhat helpful. There are other ideas out there to do this, and the important thing is to gain that storage. I store all my safety stuff in there and it’s a huge benefit.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
mines a 2016 and the panels have a round indent where the push pins are. I was wondering if this mod would still work.
Go to the original inverters thread. It was done on a 16’ and mine is a 16’ and it was done.

Reactions: Smitty335
Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put this around my openings. Keeps out dirt and rain. I'm in SW Washington and we get lots of rain.

20220327 124326

Reactions: Smitty335
Sarbuck

Sarbuck

Sep 29, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I imagine most failures of the button mechanism would be due to vibration and dirt intrusion. Aside from putting weather strip around the opening, which if done properly will cut down on vibration as well as help keep dirt and moisture out, here's another idea:

Put a small O-ring on each button shaft (a closed cell foam washer would work too, but you'd probably need to make them - I couldn't find suitable ones on line, so used O-rings for now. This helps seals the button mechanism to keep dirt and moisture out and hopefully prevent button failure, and also cuts down on vibration.

View attachment 358861
I'm doing the door push pin storage mod. Do you think the rubber o rings were worth it? If so, what size inside diameter on the o rings did you go with? 5 mm? 4 mm?

Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is a “how to” video on how to turn the rear doors and body panels into fantastic storage areas. Storage has always been an issue for us and this has been a huge help. Hope it helps others. It is a fairly easy diy that is also incredibly cheap compared to many other mods.
Thanks for checking it out and good luck!
Here is the link to the push buttons I used.
I've posted this before but since we're catching up here it is. This is the stuff I put around my openings that make it water/dirt tight. I live in the rainy part of Washington so I know it works. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V6QDZMM/?tag=sxsweb24-20

20220327 124326

Reactions: Lady01
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll have to check the size of the O-rings, the screws are 6mm, but the area is necked down, so probably 4mm. In retrospect, I think a more easily compressible foam washer would be better for the job, easier to adjust and less likely for dirt intrusion if misadjusted (I had an O-ring protected one fail). So making foam washers is on my to-do list.

What @Yakman posted is a whole 'nuther issue. I did the same.

Reactions: Lady01
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!