P1000 Pioneer 1000-5 Rear storage in door panels

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not butthurt, but I can’t don’t want to send a picture every time I do something that’s pretty commonly done around here.
One of the snap studs wasn’t threaded correctly, just a bunch of parallel grooves. I had to order more. Since that IS unique I guess I could have included a picture of that.
And there it is, an atypical glue in stud. No screwing around with this one.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, Rem does have this strong predilection toward the visual side of things. I think it all started back when he was a young lad out on his first date with a rather comely and callipygous* young lady. Previously threatened by the girls father to get her home on time, he did comply, but then made the mistake of asking her parents for, you know, pictures. He's not been quite the same since! :)

*A great word, BTW. Sorry . . . I was required to take two years of Latin in high school - I only remembered the good words.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ll admit, I googled callipygous to discover it’s meaning.
I like that word, too. I only hope I remember to use it when given the opportunity.
However, being a visual learner, I’m going to paraphrase our esteemed member Remington;

Pics or it’s not really a word!

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ll admit, I googled callipygous to discover it’s meaning.
I like that word, too. I only hope I remember to use it when given the opportunity.
However, being a visual learner, I’m going to paraphrase our esteemed member Remington;

Pics or it’s not really a word!

Umm, this'll have to do, and will convey the general idea. I'm sure no one wants to see the one I have right handy. Besides, that'd get me banned for life.

Butt line art drawing curvy chiara prints

jenk61

jenk61

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2021
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got the nerve to try the rear door storage. I'm not one who likes drilling holes or cutting plastic, especially on a new machine. Without the video by @Bumble Bee and all of the others who posted pictures and/or originated the idea I would have never attempted it. Unbelievable how much storage there is in these areas, I have been using the wife's vacuum sealer to seal all the items I'm storing. No worries about mud and water that way, plus takes up less room. All of the items in the picture fit in just
one of the corner storage areas

PXL 20220314 172257868MPPXL 20220310 181000998
PXL 20220310 181813053

Bumble Bee

Bumble Bee

Jan 1, 2022
Cove, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is fantastic! Thanks for the mention. Appreciate it. I really like the vacuum packing. I am going to do that too. Stay safe.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A little OT, but on the vacuum bagging thing - works great for all manner of stuff you want to keep fresh in the fridge as well. Started out with one of the little portable pumps, but ended up buying this one - much faster - it SUCKS! Lettuce lasts for weeks.

Vacuum pump VP-15L

Adapter for bags etc.

Reactions: Smitty335
Marc1991

Marc1991

Nov 30, 2020
New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I saw lots of videos that showed the idea and end result. Some with hinges, some without. I didn’t claim to be the inventor. I understand that must have been joeymt33. Great idea!!! Thank you very much. It has been one of the most useful, cheapest modifications I have made. Thanks for the post above.
I wasn’t trying to take anyone’s credit or upset the hondasxs police. I will try to be more adamant in specifying that I was not the “inventor” in the future, but I am not going to spend time on this site, and all others, trying to decipher who posted something first, and no one else should have to either.
Just thought it would be fun to learn to make a video and maybe useful to someone.
Was a good video! Some people around here take things a bit too personally. Don’t let it discourage you. Thanks for time you put into the video! 🤟

jenk61

jenk61

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2021
Southern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A little OT, but on the vacuum bagging thing - works great for all manner of stuff you want to keep fresh in the fridge as well. Started out with one of the little portable pumps, but ended up buying this one - much faster - it SUCKS! Lettuce lasts for weeks.

Vacuum pump VP-15L

Adapter for bags etc.
This is the one I use. Got it for her for Christmas.
Foodsaver

Reactions: Smitty335
B

bullyx

Mar 20, 2016
new york
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Questions, and I apologize if asked somewhere along the way.
1:Should I add a drain hole at bottom do people feel? I don't submerge or do swamp riding, but do splash around and such. Wondering if water is a concern.
2: anyone add foam or towels to help with things moving around ?
Thanks!!

Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Questions, and I apologize if asked somewhere along the way.
1:Should I add a drain hole at bottom do people feel? I don't submerge or do swamp riding, but do splash around and such. Wondering if water is a concern.
2: anyone add foam or towels to help with things moving around ?
Thanks!!
There is already a drain hole. It's right by the front on the lowest part of the hatch. If you put this stuff around the outside of the hatch it will keep out water and dirt. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V6QDZMM/?tag=sxsweb24-20

20220327 124326

C

crade

Feb 7, 2022
swanton ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is a “how to” video on how to turn the rear doors and body panels into fantastic storage areas. Storage has always been an issue for us and this has been a huge help. Hope it helps others. It is a fairly easy diy that is also incredibly cheap compared to many other mods.
Thanks for checking it out and good luck!
Here is the link to the push buttons I used.
i have noticed that after trail riding (hitting chatter bumps) the interior of the push pins seem to break i have lost 2 plastics on the trails due too it if anyone one has any ideas on how to eliminate that are appreciated

Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is a “how to” video on how to turn the rear doors and body panels into fantastic storage areas. Storage has always been an issue for us and this has been a huge help. Hope it helps others. It is a fairly easy diy that is also incredibly cheap compared to many other mods.
Not the first time I've shared this but in case anyone else didn't see it. I put this stuff around the outside of mine. It seal and keeps dirt and rain out. I live in SW Washington and we get more than our fair share of rain : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V6QDZMM/?tag=sxsweb24-20

20220327 124326

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I imagine most failures of the button mechanism would be due to vibration and dirt intrusion. Aside from putting weather strip around the opening, which if done properly will cut down on vibration as well as help keep dirt and moisture out, here's another idea:

Put a small O-ring on each button shaft (a closed cell foam washer would work too, but you'd probably need to make them - I couldn't find suitable ones on line, so used O-rings for now. This helps seals the button mechanism to keep dirt and moisture out and hopefully prevent button failure, and also cuts down on vibration.

20210707 175448

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I’ve beaten the ever loving s*** out of mine. Not sure there are many places mine hasn’t been. I drilled another 6-10 holes in the front of my lower doors. They will fill from the top and without drain holes you will have half a door full of funk

C

crade

Feb 7, 2022
swanton ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I imagine most failures of the button mechanism would be due to vibration and dirt intrusion. Aside from putting weather strip around the opening, which if done properly will cut down on vibration as well as help keep dirt and moisture out, here's another idea:

Put a small O-ring on each button shaft (a closed cell foam washer would work too, but you'd probably need to make them - I couldn't find suitable ones on line, so used O-rings for now. This helps seals the button mechanism to keep dirt and moisture out and hopefully prevent button failure, and also cuts down on vibration.

View attachment 358861
I will give that a shot thank you!

N

ncognet0

Jun 12, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What year is your pioneer?

Reactions: Yakman
N

ncognet0

Jun 12, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gurk neglected to post any pictures or leave any technical drawings carvings in stone. Thus, as we all well know, IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! When it finally did happen, it was much later than Gurk's time. "The wheel was invented in the 4th century BC in Lower Mesopotamia (modern-day Iraq), where the Sumerian people inserted rotating axles into solid discs of wood."
I believe Oogok Was the man that came up with the first flat repair.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!