P1000 Pioneer 1000-5 Rear storage in door panels

Bumble Bee

Bumble Bee

Jan 1, 2022
Cove, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In doing a little research on those quick release buttons, I can't seem to find anything matching that number or description. Does anybody have a link or better description that might lead me to something that I can purchase?
I added it to the video post. Around $14 for four and as of today they are showing in stock. Hope that helps.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 315954Ok, so………. 🤔
your question is answered so and I are both good there!

Welcome to the club and congrats on your first EVER post since joining in 2018! Really? Lmao.
So u must know the first rule? If u dont, its the first forum commandment and the first unwritten bible verse of the forum.
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!
and no, not all machines look the same!
Wait!… What?… not all machines are the same?… well that explains the look on the Polaris dealers face when I asked for a tie rod for a P1K-5 🤔

L

lowrybuc

Nov 15, 2018
Reno
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 315954Ok, so………. 🤔
your question is answered so and I are both good there!

Welcome to the club and congrats on your first EVER post since joining in 2018! Really? Lmao.
So u must know the first rule? If u dont, its the first forum commandment and the first unwritten bible verse of the forum.
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!
and no, not all machines look the same!
I marvel at the ingenuity on this site. You guys are like gods in the ATV mod world. It's intimidating really, how much knowledge and how many ideas are here. I usually don't have the time to post, but had to respond, only to compliment the group in their ideas and mods. Thanks for all the great posts and reply to my question

K

KFoot

Apr 11, 2021
Traverse City, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I'm working on installing these and one of the original bolts has snapped off. I tried drilling it out and only made things worse. Any idea on how to go about replacing this?

Reactions: Lady01
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So I'm working on installing these and one of the original bolts has snapped off. I tried drilling it out and only made things worse. Any idea on how to go about replacing this?
Welcome fellow Michigander!
Congrats on your first ever post!
Since u been a member since April of 21' I'd think u already know the Forum Gospel?
PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
Of your rig of corse ;)

Now, there was an issue of this very thing In the original thread. You'll have to scroll through the pages to find it but it's in there!
Here you go!

K

KFoot

Apr 11, 2021
Traverse City, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome fellow Michigander!
Congrats on your first ever post!
Since u been a member since April of 21' I'd think u already know the Forum Gospel?
PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
Of your rig of corse ;)

Now, there was an issue of this very thing In the original thread. You'll have to scroll through the pages to find it but it's in there!
Here you go!
Thanks for the welcome :) where in MI are you located? I’m in Traverse City. I read thur this thread and was unable to find an answer to my question. I need to replace on of the factory “grommets” for the plastic panels.
can you offer assistance?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It shouldn't matter too much how badly it got boogered up. One of the nice things about ABS, and most types of thermoplastic, is the ease of heat welding and/or bonding the material. When you cut out the hole for storage in the door, you'll have a convenient source of exactly the right material to use for welding rod (filler). Do some searches on YouTube on the process. If you don't have a suitable heat gun, you can use a soldering iron etc. If you haven't welding plastic before, it's advisable to practice on some scrap pieces first.

You should be able to remove the old fastener, then fill back in the damaged area. Another approach, use a piece of scrap plastic and fasten it on the inside of the damaged area. That will give you a recessed surface so you can put a nut and washer on both the inside and outside to hold the threaded ball fastener shaft in place. Alternately, you might use a rivet nut for plastic, to provide the female threads.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@KFoot ….👆👆👆THIS👆👆👆

Reactions: JenElio and KFoot
K

KFoot

Apr 11, 2021
Traverse City, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It shouldn't matter too much how badly it got boogered up. One of the nice things about ABS, and most types of thermoplastic, is the ease of heat welding and/or bonding the material. When you cut out the hole for storage in the door, you'll have a convenient source of exactly the right material to use for welding rod (filler). Do some searches on YouTube on the process. If you don't have a suitable heat gun, you can use a soldering iron etc. If you haven't welding plastic before, it's advisable to practice on some scrap pieces first.

You should be able to remove the old fastener, then fill back in the damaged area. Another approach, use a piece of scrap plastic and fasten it on the inside of the damaged area. That will give you a recessed surface so you can put a nut and washer on both the inside and outside to hold the threaded ball fastener shaft in place. Alternately, you might use a rivet nut for plastic, to provide the female threads.
Ok thanks.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did the rear door storage mod today. During the process I let the smoke out of my Milwaukee rotary tool (like a Dremel, only red, and we all know red is the fastest color). I discovered that the oscillating multi tool (also red) is a much better tool for cutting the panel sections out.

Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did the rear door storage mod today. During the process I let the smoke out of my Milwaukee rotary tool (like a Dremel, only red, and we all know red is the fastest color). I discovered that the oscillating multi tool (also red) is a much better tool for cutting the panel sections out.
I don't have those fancy tools, I just used a jigsaw. :D

• Haha
Reactions: TripleB and Lady01
JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't have those fancy tools, I just used a jigsaw. :D
I have a red jigsaw too. Wicked fast.
A jigsaw would have worked, but I would be nervous around the door handle area. Not much depth right there, the blade could smack into it.
Fancy tools make for fancy work.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Now, if I do something unique, you can count on pictures.
So your saying when your done with the mod (witch this mod is unique from an original member) will get pics? Lol
just bustin your balls you know that right? You sounded a little butthurt.

• Haha
Reactions: JenElio

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!