P1000 Pioneer 1000 regret

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
Starter fluid is more explosive than flammable if that helps the analogy. picture a bon fire where gas is wood and starter fluid is well...gas...
polaris has a higher CCA battery would be why he started right up. being on a battery tender only means your capacity in the battery is up. it does nothing for CCA

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
A lot of aftermarket batteries also list the HCA (Hot Cranking Amps - 80 deg F) It is usually around double amperage of the CCA ( 0 deg F). Battery temperature plays a big role if you have a low CCA battery. 0W oil will help spin the motor up faster.

ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
-24 outside/-51 windchill, -18 in my detached garage where the pioneer sits. About 3 cranks and it fired right up. At work it sits outside, about 5 slow cranks but it fired right up!!. Have always ran ethanol free 91 octane fuel and honda full synthetic oil since day 1.

The walk in freezer at the butcher shop is -9, never thought its be warmer walking in there then driving to work..

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
handicapped popo engineers put the brake solenoid hydraulic sensor on the brake line on top of the skids soo it is the first thing that collects moisture when you go through snow or a puddle unlike the other that use a switch up high on the petal.i have saved two personally rzr and ranger after any snow or mud puddle

Reactions: sharp
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
I'd definitely avoid ethanol. There is no squeezing happening. It's just pulling fuel into the motor through the valves. higher octane fuel will ignite a lot easier. You have spark plugs to ignite it we arent talking diesel here. I think your shop guy is a polaris fan boy.

You need 3 things.
Good fuel
Good spark
Strong fast cranking

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Actually, you need 4 things... dry fuel, good spark, good compression. Then even slow cranking should start it.

P

Poochgut

Jul 18, 2018
Wyoming
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yes, right now it’s a regret. I recently purchased a brand new Pioneer 1000-3 to use around the farm and to use ice fishing. I put about 8 miles on it since I purchased it about a month ago. I used it two days ago to plow snow for the first time, it went ok. Yesterday I was going to take it out ice fishing and it wouldn’t turn over. About 1 degree Fahrenheit outside. Call the dealer and talk to the service guy who says that the Honda’s are low compression motors and have a hard time starting in ten degrees or colder because of this. Suggested I run Heet in the gas ( I already put sea foam in) and only use 87 with ethanol gas because of lower detonation. I did and still wouldn’t start. He then says take off air filter (freaking pain in 0 degree weather) and give it some starting fluid. It started and I ran it around for two hours. Plugged the battery tender in over night and went to start it this morning to go ice fishing and freaking nothing. Just cranks and cranks but won’t start. 15 grand sitting out there and won’t start. Calling for 10 inches of snow tomorrow. Please, any advice. Service guy says he gets a lot of these calls (fuel line freeze) on the Honda’s, hardly any on the Ranger.
Add 1/2 bottle of red iso-Heet. Start running ethanol free 91 if you can get it . Cold weather causes condensation to build up water in these fuel tanks for some reason

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
you should never have a problem with water if you get your gas at a pump with the car stuff. AS long as it is a good place I normally buy gas for my car and vehicles at the places that sell a lot those get fuel a lot sooner and make enough no reason to not fix leaks or water it down

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
Add 1/2 bottle of red iso-Heet. Start running ethanol free 91 if you can get it . Cold weather causes condensation to build up water in these fuel tanks for some reason
ISO heet and ethanol do the exact same thing....mix with water in your fuel tank to allow combustion.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!