P1000 Pioneer 1000 tires/wheels/lifts? Boggers?

Longrod88302

Longrod88302

Nov 23, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First pioneer and it a 1000 LE. I was wanting to run 30s but from browsing through here I’m getting mixed reviews and not feeling confident about it.. so I’m considering going 28x10s it’s currently got 14s but like the look of more sidewall. Don’t want to go with a tractor tire but was considering a bogger being I’ve got experience with them on trucks. Has anybody ran boggers on one of these I can’t find much info on em for true size. Also I’m considering the forward arms but if I could run the 2.5” kit to clear a 28 or 29x10 I’d go that way too. Just a little more. Thanks in advance!

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
First pioneer and it a 1000 LE. I was wanting to run 30s but from browsing through here I’m getting mixed reviews and not feeling confident about it.. so I’m considering going 28x10s it’s currently got 14s but like the look of more sidewall. Don’t want to go with a tractor tire but was considering a bogger being I’ve got experience with them on trucks. Has anybody ran boggers on one of these I can’t find much info on em for true size. Also I’m considering the forward arms but if I could run the 2.5” kit to clear a 28 or 29x10 I’d go that way too. Just a little more. Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the club!

You will need forward arms to clear a true 30" tire without rubbing. The Boggers and other tires with a square profile will rub a lot more than a tire with a rounder profile like a Terrabite. In my experience, all of the mud-style tires run small (Outlaws/Intimidators/etc). Those UTV Boggers look like they'd be a pretty awesome tire in some soft stuff.

Longrod88302

Longrod88302

Nov 23, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club!

You will need forward arms to clear a true 30" tire without rubbing. The Boggers and other tires with a square profile will rub a lot more than a tire with a rounder profile like a Terrabite. In my experience, all of the mud-style tires run small (Outlaws/Intimidators/etc). Those UTV Boggers look like they'd be a pretty awesome tire in some soft stuff.
Thanks for the reply! I think I’m going to go with the 28x10s. The more I’m looking through here I’m seing some panic post about the LE with binding and axle issues... I hope that’s not the case! But I will definitely post an update with the wheels n tires, I for sure want to run the boggers most of our trails in Fla are pretty wet anyhow lol but the arms or the lift now have me worried..

Reactions: Smitty335
Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
@Longrod88302 I wouldn't go with a bogger no matter the size due to their weight. You want light on these 1000's and that's for the bigger you go. For a 30" I would choose either the mud lite or the zilla's. I have ran them both. The zilla definitely rides the best out of the two. Get a light rim as well. The less rotational mass the better. I now have 32" ags. I got the 4 ply for this very reason. I bet these 4 ply ags are as light as my 30" 6 ply's. I've yet to have any issue with punctures. They pull good but you will spin down pretty quick due to their narrow width. A 30" zilla on a pioneer 1000 is a nice combo. Go 30x11-14 on all corners on the same width rim so you can rotate them and get more life out of them. They wear kinda quick but you don't loose the acceleration and the top speed as you would with a much heavier tire.

Don't know from what part of Fl. your from but we ride often around me and your always more than welcome to tag along. I won't have to worry about you not making it back to the trailer.

Reactions: Longrod88302
Longrod88302

Longrod88302

Nov 23, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I pretty set on these here I think it’s definitely going to have the look with the function🤟🏻
A9DC51D2 06E8 49FB 913E 4ABEB782A8E0
9056C272 B7BC 4403 A6BB 83A35052DB74

Longrod88302

Longrod88302

Nov 23, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just seen youre
@Longrod88302 I wouldn't go with a bogger no matter the size due to their weight. You want light on these 1000's and that's for the bigger you go. For a 30" I would choose either the mud lite or the zilla's. I have ran them both. The zilla definitely rides the best out of the two. Get a light rim as well. The less rotational mass the better. I now have 32" ags. I got the 4 ply for this very reason. I bet these 4 ply ags are as light as my 30" 6 ply's. I've yet to have any issue with punctures. They pull good but you will spin down pretty quick due to their narrow width. A 30" zilla on a pioneer 1000 is a nice combo. Go 30x11-14 on all corners on the same width rim so you can rotate them and get more life out of them. They wear kinda quick but you don't loose the acceleration and the top speed as you would with a much heavier tire.

Don't know from what part of Fl. your from but we ride often around me and your always more than welcome to tag along. I won't have to worry about you not making it back to the trailer.
Just seen you’re reply after I posted a pic of the boggers🤦‍♂️ But thank you for the info! I was really not wanting to go wild aggressive (as I’m talking about boggers) but they still have a pretty flat pad. My wife runs mayhems on her kodiac 700 and it’s so little clever on the ground on hard stuff. So I’m hoping for a good middle ground. So being an LE I’m reading all kinds of things that are making me wonder if it was a bad buy. Axle binding with forward arms and not being able to run a lift. I really hope that’s not the case. I’d like to run a 30 but if it’s gonna be an issue I guess 28 would work🤷‍♂️ I’m still learning and trying to get up to speed on these things. But I’m outta Ocala we run up to Hog Waller and run “some” of the trails cause others I’d disappear🤣

M

Marble2020

Jan 4, 2021
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m running 28 boggers no lift or spacers they run true in size and it handles them just fine and will still run 65/66 mph on top and just takes a little longer to get there.

1EF317DA DC87 4AD4 972D C20DDE4757E5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!