Pioneer 500 5 speed? 700 3 speed?

S

Sportshot

Aug 24, 2013
So if I read the information correctly the P500 uses a 5 speed and the 700 uses a three speed. If that is true I wonder if Honda is planning to change the 700 to a five speed? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

From what I have read the biggest issue with the 700 is lack of a low range and enough power at higher elevations. I think a 5 speed transmission would make the 700 a perfect machine for me without a low range. While wishing I guess a turf mode would be fantastic too.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I doubt they would. You make it too much like the 1K and it might take from sales. Plus I think that transmission type in the 7hundo gets a lot bigger as a five speed.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I doubt they would. You make it too much like the 1K and it might take from sales. Plus I think that transmission type in the 7hundo gets a lot bigger as a five speed.
Yep, if my 700 would have been a 5 speed, I would probably still be driving it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!