P1000m5 Speed Limiter

G

Grumpy63

Apr 30, 2016
CA
What speed limiters are available to be installed? I want to limit top speed. I want to be able to control acceleration. I have a 14 year old granddaughter and her friends that only know stop or go like a bat out of hell. If possible, I would like to be able to make the adjustments electronically. But if not available or too expensive I'll take a mechanical limiter.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What speed limiters are available to be installed? I want to limit top speed. I want to be able to control acceleration. I have a 14 year old granddaughter and her friends that only know stop or go like a bat out of hell. If possible, I would like to be able to make the adjustments electronically. But if not available or too expensive I'll take a mechanical limiter.
First off, welcome from The once great state of Michigan and congrats on your first post since joining 6 yrs ago! I do believe we have a winner!
Winner Winner Turkey dinner!🔔🥳

We Need some pics of this rig you have #POIDH Model yr as well to help with your question. May make a difference to what might work for you. Have you Exhausted the search up top first? Heres one I found. Its just what I was thinking, you will need a tune. For the money and what your doing might not be worth it.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Put a switch on the seatbelt limiter. That will slow them down.
Great idea, but he hasn't said what year/model he has. Some eirly P1’s dont have that like a 16-17 and I think maybe 18’s

Sledder

Sledder

May 8, 2022
Washington Stat
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
When I installed my harnesses I left this in place and made a blank so in the case someone wants to drive that I'm not too sure about can putt around until they get the hang of it. All I have to do is pull out the blank and the machine thinks the seatbelt isn't clicked.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
When I installed my harnesses I left this in place and made a blank so in the case someone wants to drive that I'm not too sure about can putt around until they get the hang of it. All I have to do is pull out the blank and the machine thinks the seatbelt isn't clicked.
View attachment 363876
Again, great idea if his rig, whatever it is has the seatbelt safety limiter?
Thats why we ask for info when people post. Were not just being funny! 😂

Reactions: Bama-Daniel
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Set some boundaries - You DO NOT drive like that in MY SxS or you’ll never drive it again. And never let them out of sight until they earn the privilege.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Set some boundaries - You DO NOT drive like that in MY SxS or you’ll never drive it again. And never let them out of sight until they earn the privilege.
Thats the best advise in this whole thread!

But wait, you cant do that to a kid nowadays, its unethical! 😂 🥳
If we could only get every parent to do that this country would be in a better place!

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yea, that worked good with my daughter. Years ago, had one of the old two wheel drive gators. It didn't go real fast. She through her cousin out of it in the front yard and then ran over her legs. I didn't her about it until about a year later and it slipped out.

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335 and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!