Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
You may already have seen other posts about stock hitch failure with upward force. Just in case you haven't, there are some pics of reinforcements that some have done for use of attachments. Have you considered a small angle or runner under skid foot to get traction on turns. Small ski wheels for moving around? Great project and progress, keep it up! Wish I had your shop set up!! Maybe your next project could be curved full front wheel well protectors?? Too many stories about stick instrusions.

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Was able almost to finish one ski and tested double tracks .

Decided to order Argo track guides, just don't feel to finish cutting L angle from uhmw.

Like in the movie the accountant :), I was repeating to myself, I need to finish , I need to finish this ski. :)

View attachment 39449View attachment 39450View attachment 39451View attachment 39452View attachment 39453View attachment 39454

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Very cool solrus! Love to see ingenuity at work.
How big are the carbides going to be for those monsters? Do they stick out too far for the V plow to work?

Reactions: CURTK
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So what keeps the tracks on the wheels?
For now nothing, I made track guides, but after all decided to buy factory made from Argo. Waiting for them now.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You may already have seen other posts about stock hitch failure with upward force. Just in case you haven't, there are some pics of reinforcements that some have done for use of attachments. Have you considered a small angle or runner under skid foot to get traction on turns. Small ski wheels for moving around? Great project and progress, keep it up! Wish I had your shop set up!! Maybe your next project could be curved full front wheel well protectors?? Too many stories about stick instrusions.

1. Im using 2" hitch receiver from Moose, much stronger then stock.

2. "Have you considered a small angle or runner under skid foot to get traction on turns."

Yes, debating now on using steel channel or something that would fit my skis

3. Ski wheels? Never seen those.

Please throw ideas, it will perfect my project.

Its friend of mine shop. I'm lucky to have such friends. :)

Last edited:
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very cool solrus! Love to see ingenuity at work.
How big are the carbides going to be for those monsters? Do they stick out too far for the V plow to work?
Still not sure which carbides to use, thought about just using steel channel 10-15" long and it will be disposal bolt on and off, since I don't ride it a lot may be it will last winter.

I think I'm not going to use skis with V plow. Skis will lift me but I need to dig into snow and push it out.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update: getting closer and closer, installed track guides used on Argo tracks.

Don't tell me, my wife is awesome, she let me drill tracks at home so I don't have to be away from her at the shop :)))))
IMG 20170408 225816962
IMG 20170408 225828276
IMG 20170408 225849107
IMG 20170408 225904285

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: solrus
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lmao! The tracks look nice, the floor on the other hand...hide the guns! :oops:

Ha hahaaa, the floor was cleaned this morning and I realized I need more nuts and washers. BUT, it snowed this morning about 2 inches !!!! Yeyeyeyeye, this was a sign from the above that it will be muddy and snowy in the fields and I had to put it together for a field test :))), since tomorrow we are going for induction , so no time next week. :)

Well , next post will be pictures and videos.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Ha hahaaa, the floor was cleaned this morning and I realized I need more nuts and washers. BUT, it snowed this morning about 2 inches !!!! Yeyeyeyeye, this was a sign from the above that it will be muddy and snowy in the fields and I had to put it together for a field test :))), since tomorrow we are going for induction , so no time next week. :)

Well , next post will be pictures and videos.
Awesome can't wait to watch them all. ;):cool:

Reactions: popeye
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
:) 5 mins, I'm uploading them now ..... To be continued!!! Its freaking awesome and blast to ride with them !!!

Reactions: Dp5hunter
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This project is incredible.

You've got to draw experience across several design ideas.

I'm sure others will see this!

Good job

\
Yes, I've read so many posts and watched videos across the sea , where roads not so good like here in America

Still going to think how to add single shock to the third axle to make it more suitable for hills and forest roads.

Reactions: JTW and Dp5hunter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!