Reactions: Dp5hunter
Yota87

Yota87

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Ga
Ownership

1. 500
What does everybody use for front a arm skid plates ... I can only find Honda ones at the dealer and they are not exactly cheap
I traced out my oem skid plate on 1/8th inch steel tread plate and cut it out with a plasma going to eventually draw a pattern for a arm guard and do the same then bend it in a break.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Welcome and congratulations from the Pac N.W.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Dalton is an hour and fifteen minutes from me, go through there about once a month I am sure you have been riding at Houston valley before since you are close to it.

Yota87

Yota87

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Ga
Ownership

1. 500
Dalton is an hour and fifteen minutes from me, go through there about once a month I am sure you have been riding at Houston valley before since you are close to it.
Yes I have and there is some more trails that I ride in dalton that is way better then Houston valley just gotta know somebody that live around so you can have a place to park.... your next trip to Houston valley you should let me know I’ll get some of the p500 guys I know to come ride.

advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Hi Yota 87. Our bikes look close . I’ve put Blackwaters on since the picture.
Caper

Yota87

Yota87

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Ga
Ownership

1. 500
Hi Yota 87. Our bikes look close . I’ve put Blackwaters on since the picture.
Caper
Nice ride how ya like it? Do you ever have a problem with your light bar getting snagged on top.. I was thinking about putting one on top of mine like that but figure I’d just rip it off on a vine or branch or something of that nature lol

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Nice ride how ya like it? Do you ever have a problem with your light bar getting snagged on top.. I was thinking about putting one on top of mine like that but figure I’d just rip it off on a vine or branch or something of that nature lol
Haha. Hi Yota87. I go through a lot of trails up here in woods and so far so good. The lights on the bike are nice but turning on the light bar it’s like day time. Almost. This one is 35,000 lumes. Got it on Amazon for $60 on sale, Canadian, so about $30 American. Haha . 70% off. Harness came with it and hooked up to the harness plug. Easy for me so easy for you. Haha. I’ve had mine since ‘14 and love it. I have a cottage in Cape Breton. Pretty well go over the whole island.I love the shaft drive. No rubber bands. Haha. Hope you have a great summer with your new baby.
Caper

bigr244

bigr244

Mar 23, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome! I'm going with bighorns as well. Did you go originals or 2.0? Also what brand spacers?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
I love my Bighorn originals. I would suggest to spring for new aluminum rims for them as they are lighter. Rocky Mountain atv had these SS212 rims for $69 each at the time. Can’t go wrong for that price. The offset also gives you more stability. I went with 26” all around and love them (9” wide front, 12” wide rears). I do have power steering which makes a huge difference (the tusk power steering also from Rocky Mountain ATV). I just came back from doing trail riding and the added height was terrific (about 2” higher than stock). Before I was bashing rocks all the time, now no problem. I also have Walker Evans front shocks that made a huge difference. Welcome to the money pit

Btw, that arm I got from EBay called dragonfire. Works great, just had to add some rubber from an old car tire since it’s really meant for the larger roll cage diameter on the P1000. Very well made.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/232673363931

E7d05949f3f6a40a65f9db92e916066d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I'll have to get a new picture of mine with the Blackwaters on. 8 ply . Just 25's but they wear good. My brother has them on a 99 Bigbear since new. Getting warn down now, haha but still ok. They aren't a ruff tire especially for the tread. They love the mud. Haha. Spun a few times on the same place with the original tires , and now non stop. I looked at the Bighorns , and a lot of others, haha, too many. These are good for now. I'll get a new picture up. Have a great summer. Stay cool down there. Nice up here today,70 degrees.
Caper

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!