P500 Pioneer 520 Elka stage 3 fitment

Jdub74

Jdub74

Mar 25, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So I recently bought a 520 since this was a good way to get my wife outdoors in a fun, less physical way, it also quickly became apparent that speed is where it’s at for me. Hence the shocks. I’m pretty sure that length has not changed from the 500. The only concern is the muffler, which is now real close to where the shock reservoir will be and I’m concerned about available space and possible heat issues. Anyone out there with this set up? Thanks ELKA 3 don’t have a hose on the rear set☹️

57829E60 ACBC 4B20 8E6F 90B0C441299C 0BE73E70 D650 45C9 BD31 0C08CB446A31

Last edited:
Reactions: 500oneer
stobiadas

stobiadas

Apr 12, 2021
K0E1X0
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I just ordered Elka stage 2....think I got lucky as I didn't think about the clearance by the muffler. Almost ordered stage 3 but couldn't justify the cost as I just don't need all the adjustments. Once dialed in I will never touch it again. Build time is 10 to 12 weeks at this point so it will be a long wait.

Reactions: futzin
Jdub74

Jdub74

Mar 25, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So I was just informed by Racing Power Sports that ELKA stage 3 shocks won’t fit the 520 and the order was canceled . Guess I’ll get in line for the Walker Evans.
BTW did you order directly from ELKA? Did you specify the year of your machine to them? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stobiadas

stobiadas

Apr 12, 2021
K0E1X0
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So I was just informed by Racing Power Sports that ELKA stage 3 shocks won’t fit the 520 and the order was canceled . Guess I’ll get in line for the Walker Evans.
BTW did you order directly from ELKA? Did you specify the year of your machine to them? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I put in an order with Elka for stage 2 a few days ago. I really hope there won't be any fitment issues. Did Racing Power Sports specify why the stage 3 won't fit? I'm wondering now if I pulled the trigger too soon...

stobiadas

stobiadas

Apr 12, 2021
K0E1X0
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I ordered based on pioneer 500 listed on their site and specified I have the new 520. They didn't come back and say there would be fitment issues, and yes I ordered directly from Elca in Canada.

Jdub74

Jdub74

Mar 25, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I just ordered Elka stage 2....think I got lucky as I didn't think about the clearance by the muffler. Almost ordered stage 3 but couldn't justify the cost as I just don't need all the adjustments. Once dialed in I will never touch it again. Build time is 10 to 12 weeks at this point so it will be a long wait.
Went with ELKA’s on Amazon where it says they’ll ship in 6 to 10 days. If that doesn’t happen I might as well go with Walker Evans. With WE there are more options to mount due to hose. 🤗
I ordered based on pioneer 500 listed on their site and specified I have the new 520. They didn't come back and say there would be fitment issues, and yes I ordered directly from Elca in Canada.
I’m guessing Racing Power Sports who ever they are (Amazon vendor) didn’t want the liability of not fitting since ELKA themselves aren’t guaranteeing fit. I believe that someone here took the measurements of the 520 and if was identical to the 500. So I don’t think it will be an issue there. Caution is advised since from what I understand they’re not returnable.
My only real concern was the external reservoir on stage 3’ being close to muffler heat shield which could negate the benefit of having it in the first place. I was going for 3’s for larger oil capacity/cooler operation and longevity the adjustment was just a cherry on top.

Jdub74

Jdub74

Mar 25, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Went with ELKA’s on Amazon where it says they’ll ship in 6 to 10 days. If that doesn’t happen I might as well go with Walker Evans. With WE there are more options to mount due to hose. 🤗

I’m guessing Racing Power Sports who ever they are (Amazon vendor) didn’t want the liability of not fitting since ELKA themselves aren’t guaranteeing fit. I believe that someone here took the measurements of the 520 and if was identical to the 500. So I don’t think it will be an issue there. Caution is advised since from what I understand they’re not returnable.
My only real concern was the external reservoir on stage 3’ being close to muffler heat shield which could negate the benefit of having it in the first place. I was going for 3’s for larger oil capacity/cooler operation and longevity
BTW Are you in Canada? If not why aren’t you going with W.E.’s. Functionally same as ELKA stage 3, but priced as stage 2. I went with ELKA thinking I can get em 6 weeks sooner. 😅

Jdub74

Jdub74

Mar 25, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
One last thing, ELKA asked about my weight, passenger weight, what I’m hauling, what type of riding I do. Leading me to believe that custom spring preload and valving is in the cards. W.E. asks no such questions ☹️

stobiadas

stobiadas

Apr 12, 2021
K0E1X0
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I went through the same process. Had to give all the info including extra load being carried and weight of the winch etc....
They are custom building for each application.
You'd think that if they put that much effort into their products they would research fitment issues as well.

stobiadas

stobiadas

Apr 12, 2021
K0E1X0
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
And yes I'm in Canada about an hour away from Elkas facility, so shipping is a non issue unlike trying to get stuff through customs. I ordered a glovebox from crossroads 3d and waited for over a month to get it.

Aerolite

Aerolite

Jan 10, 2021
Oxford Mills ON
Ownership

1. 500
I believe that someone here took the measurements of the 520 and if was identical to the 500. So I don’t think it will be an issue there.
That was me, I posted in a thread I made in Pioneer 500 Accessories and Modifications.
I measured the bolts and sleeve lengths myself and then sent Elka an email asking what the sizes were. Received an email back, and all bolt size and sleeve width's are the same as on the 520. Extended length of the shocks is 10mm longer on fronts and 6mm longer on rear which is not a factor.
The reservoir will sit towards the outside of the shock. The rep could not provide me with the distance from the bolt center, to a line drawn across from the top of the dial on the reservoir to the shock, so I could see if it would clear that frame member. We need 1.5 inches. I printed out a pic of the shock and scaled the dimension myself and got approx 2.25 inches so should not be a problem. I like not having to mount the reservoir remotely like on the WE's. If I have to wait the full 10 weeks for them to arrive, I won't see them until July 26. Hopefully will get them sooner. Will post as soon as I get them installed. Then we will know for sure.

Reactions: Jdub74
Jdub74

Jdub74

Mar 25, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That was me, I posted in a thread I made in Pioneer 500 Accessories and Modifications.
I measured the bolts and sleeve lengths myself and then sent Elka an email asking what the sizes were. Received an email back, and all bolt size and sleeve width's are the same as on the 520. Extended length of the shocks is 10mm longer on fronts and 6mm longer on rear which is not a factor.
The reservoir will sit towards the outside of the shock. The rep could not provide me with the distance from the bolt center, to a line drawn across from the top of the dial on the reservoir to the shock, so I could see if it would clear that frame member. We need 1.5 inches. I printed out a pic of the shock and scaled the dimension myself and got approx 2.25 inches so should not be a problem. I like not having to mount the reservoir remotely like on the WE's. If I have to wait the full 10 weeks for them to arrive, I won't see them until July 26. Hopefully will get them sooner. Will post as soon as I get them installed. Then we will know for sure.
Hey that is great to hear as I really appreciate the attention to detail in the fine tuning of the shocks coming from ELKA. (If indeed that is why they asked those very specific questions)
I agree that the external reservoir will more than likely fit.
My main concern is the close proximity of it to the muffler heat shield and if that will cause excessive heating of the fluid leading to premature fatigue and ultimately failure.
Hope I’m not being overly dramatic here
Thanks

Budlight

Budlight

Jul 14, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
So I recently bought a 520 since this was a good way to get my wife outdoors in a fun, less physical way, it also quickly became apparent that speed is where it’s at for me. Hence the shocks. I’m pretty sure that length has not changed from the 500. The only concern is the muffler, which is now real close to where the shock reservoir will be and I’m concerned about available space and possible heat issues. Anyone out there with this set up? Thanks ELKA 3 don’t have a hose on
So I recently bought a 520 since this was a good way to get my wife outdoors in a fun, less physical way, it also quickly became apparent that speed is where it’s at for me. Hence the shocks. I’m pretty sure that length has not changed from the 500. The only concern is the muffler, which is now real close to where the shock reservoir will be and I’m concerned about available space and possible heat issues. Anyone out there with this set up? Thanks ELKA 3 don’t have a hose on the rear set☹️

View attachment 274205 View attachment 274206
this is a great stuff

F1054E6A 3B58 4484 82FE 4DB0BB4AF26D B54912A7 6546 4D03 8404 47BD2CC91818

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!