d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
Hey d_b,
Are you going to go first on this?
I really want someone to add portals and 32" tires.
Don't know if I'll be first, but yes defiantly doing this. With 32". Rebuild this winter will be great parts piling up already.

Reactions: joeymt33
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Any news on portals how much longer till they ready and being tested im curious about a arm mounts on from if they gonna handle the extra pressure

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Hey guys it's finally happening.

I've been working hard to get these lifts made with 2 companys.

Utv solutions and sxs gear.

Sxs gear will only be available for the 1000.
Josh Graves 1000 was dropped off 3 weeks ago in flint michigan.
Josh drove 10 hrs to get there from Illinois. These are currently in production.

They will be 4 inch lifts with 30 percent reduction.
6 Month warranty.
No prices set yet
2 months from the time we dropped them off was told they would be done.

Ok so now here's your news....

Utv solutions worked with me and made both . Gear lifts for the 700 and 1000.

They will be tested and final details wrapped up in 2 weeks.
Jeff will let me know when everything is done. Then I will update everyone . I'm super pumped myself.

No preorder available as jeff doesn't like to do that.

4 inch and 6 inch lifts available.
4 inch can be used with a 12 inch rim with an available spacer. 14 inch rim is recommended.
6 inch lift requires a 18 inch rim.

30 percent reduction is all that's available right now.
40 percent is in the works for the future.

Prices are 2495 for the 4 and 2995 for the 6 inch

1 year warranty on everything except bearings and seals.

When the time comes. Do me one big favor. When ordering mention my name. Chris shadron.

Thanks. And I will keep you guys up to date.

Any questions feel free to ask
Any news on portals

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
I'll second that ?

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
Doe's he did a new heat treater ? Send them we'll do them, for a while anyway.

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
I like how super atv has released portals for the 1000 but doesn't even wanna talk about the 700 the 700 are the ones that need the gear reduction the most look like be the best market

Reactions: joeymt33 and Tflynn
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Whatever came about on the portals anyone every try them out

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've wanted to, but the $$$ keep me from jumping out there.

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
I've wanted to, but the $$$ keep me from jumping out there.
Yeah the cost of these things are crazy my biggest question do they make 3000 dollars worth of difference in performance and how well do they hold up

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Can’t really put a price on awesome just ask @Bastardchild
I love mine! I cant really speak about how they hold up though. Ive only got a few easy rides on them. Ride Royal Blue will probably be a pretty good test for them to see how they hold up and perform. Im sure the obsticles i come across up there will be way worse than any trail i come across down here in Florida. Yeah $3293.00 was a hard pill to swallow. I thought about all the other stuff i could be doing with that money instead of buying 700 portal hubs that 'might' fit on a P5. I dont regret my decision at all as of right now though. We mainly hit the mudholes and it seems like its the perfect upgrade for the riding we do. They brought my P5 to the next level for what we do. :)

Reactions: Chooglin
Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
I love mine! I cant really speak about how they hold up though. Ive only got a few easy rides on them. Ride Royal Blue will probably be a pretty good test for them to see how they hold up and perform. Im sure the obsticles i come across up there will be way worse than any trail i come across down here in Florida. Yeah $3293.00 was a hard pill to swallow. I thought about all the other stuff i could be doing with that money instead of buying 700 portal hubs that 'might' fit on a P5. I dont regret my decision at all as of right now though. We mainly hit the mudholes and it seems like its the perfect upgrade for the riding we do. They brought my P5 to the next level for what we do. :)
What kinda ratio are they and do they offer different ratios?

Reactions: Bastardchild
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
The machinist that builds them told me they are roughly a 32% reduction. I dont think they offer different ratios. The 4" portals may have a different ratio than the 6" but im not sure.

Reactions: Harman24630
Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
The machinist that builds them told me they are roughly a 32% reduction. I dont think they offer different ratios. The 4" portals may have a different ratio than the 6" but im not sure.
What kinda oil do they use and how often they suggest changing it?

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
The machinist says always use the marine lube. I got it at walmart. I think its like 85w140 if i remember right. He didnt give me a schedule for changing the oil in them. I figured i would do a few rides on them and then flush them. Then probably make it when i change the engine oil, change the portal hub oil too. They have a drain hole at the bottom, and a fill hole on the side, and its a small fill hole and a pain to fill with that thick lube. Im thinking of seeing if i can adapt my boat engine foot oil filler thing to fill these portals. You fill the foot of a boat engine from the drain hole at the bottom. Its like a plunger thing that pumps oil in from the bottom drain hole and fills the foot up to the higher hole. Then you put the plug in up top, add just a touch more, and hurry and unplug the filler thing from the bottom and put the bottom plug in. I think im gonna try to adapt that filler thing to the portals next time i change the oil in them.

Reactions: Harman24630
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!