P700 Pioneer 700 strength

R

Raegus

Jul 20, 2022
Vt
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
I'm looking to buy a midsize UTV to help me get some work done around the property, but I'm not sure if the Pioneer 700 has the power I need. We've got about 100 acres from 1600ft to 2000ft with a mix of fields and woods. I'm looking for something to drag a brush hog around 20 acres of rolling hills, grade and plow a 1500ft driveway with some pretty steep spots, drag some trees out of the woods, pull a 1000lb wood chipper up and down the hills, and haul water up to the ridgeline. I'll almost always have at least 700 lbs in the machine (including passengers).

I'm wondering if anyone has experience using their machine for similar tasks? What is the total capacity of the 700 (is the 1000lb bed capacity the total capacity as well)?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm looking to buy a midsize UTV to help me get some work done around the property, but I'm not sure if the Pioneer 700 has the power I need. We've got about 100 acres from 1600ft to 2000ft with a mix of fields and woods. I'm looking for something to drag a brush hog around 20 acres of rolling hills, grade and plow a 1500ft driveway with some pretty steep spots, drag some trees out of the woods, pull a 1000lb wood chipper up and down the hills, and haul water up to the ridgeline. I'll almost always have at least 700 lbs in the machine (including passengers).

I'm wondering if anyone has experience using their machine for similar tasks? What is the total capacity of the 700 (is the 1000lb bed capacity the total capacity as well)?

Having ran a bush hog behind a Pioneer considerably. I would highly recommend going with the 1000, mainly because of the gearing options. 12 vs. 3. You will have great success with a P1K in low range in 1st or 2nd set in manual mode it will literally pull like a tractor for your needs.

Fully reading through your use description, a Kubota with the proper attachments would serve the working end better and then any recreational SXS would serve as transportation needs.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We've got about 100 acres from 1600ft to 2000ft with a mix of fields and woods.
You just decided it for yourself, u need the P1000. If u buy that P7 in a year u will be back here asking the same question.
Dont be Bernie from your sate, go Big or go home.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
You need a tractor not a sxs.
I have worked mine well harder than ever intended and it is great but then again we view ours as a tool not a toy.
I have pull started our farmall H and Farmall F30 as well as pulled a Allis Chalmers WD from deep in the woods and got it to a trailer roughly 3/4 mile away.
All the while the right wheel would intermittently lock up.
It worked well but way outside of anything it was designed for.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I agree with the posts above. A Pioneer 1000 would work but a Kubota would be better. Back in west Texas I owned a Kubota B2920 for ten years that I used almost daily at our old rural farmhouse on small five-acres. I used it to haul dirt and gravel, to plow a garden, till a field that had been in cotton, spread fertilizer, seeds, and spray weed killer, mow grass, pull a bush hog in the highway ditches, lift and carry heavy objects, move trailers, remove snow, grade gravel driveways, and more that I've forgotten.

Here in WV the first thing I did was buy a Kubota BX2380. I've used it to mow grass, move mulch, lift and carry heavy objects, move trailers, scrape snow off driveways, aerate the lawn, and more.

Either Kubota would serve you well but you would probably be most satisfied with a B series..

Last edited:
Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I agree with the posts above. A Pioneer 1000 would work but a Kubota would be better. Back in west Texas I owned a Kubota B2920 for ten years that I used almost daily at our old rural farmhouse on small five-acres. I used it to haul dirt and gravel, to plow a garden, till a field that had been in cotton, spread fertilizer, seeds, and spray weed killer, mow grass, pull a bush hog in the highway ditches, lift and carry heavy objects, move trailers, remove snow, grade gravel driveways, and more that I've forgotten.

Here in WV the first thing I did was buy a Kubota BX2689. I've used it to mow grass, move mulch, lift and carry heavy objects, move trailers, scrape snow off driveways, aerate the lawn, and more.

Either Kubota would serve you well but you would probably be most satisfied with a B series..
Truth

Reactions: FJC 79
tradosaurus

tradosaurus

Jun 2, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've got 50 acres and I have a 700-4 but would never run a brush hog or even a plow. I bought a MX5400 to do the heavy work.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I've got 50 acres and I have a 700-4 but would never run a brush hog or even a plow. I bought a MX5400 to do the heavy work.

An M-series Kubota? That's a lot of tractor.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!