BOX1

Pioneer 700 Trouble Starting - Takes too long

Montauk13

Montauk13

Jan 30, 2021
Northeast Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a 2017 Pioneer 700, It cranks for a while before it starts. It is worse the first time it is started in a few days even in the summer. It is worse in the winter when it is cold.
It seems to crank strong, just takes way to long to start. I replaced the spark plug, no help.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Everything is electronically controlled nowadays.Turn the key just enough for the display to come on. Wait until the red light starts blinking then turn it over. This allows for fuel pump start up and such.
Oh and welcome to the forum! We usually don't give any help until we see a pic. 👍

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Everything is electronically controlled nowadays.Turn the key just enough for the display to come on. Wait until the red light starts blinking then turn it over. This allows for fuel pump start up and such.
Oh and welcome to the forum! We usually don't give any help until we see a pic. 👍
This!

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had alot of trouble starting my 700 in the winter. Like you it would crank and crank and eventually start. I ended up putting a bigger battery in it and it cured my problems. Don't know exactly where your from but after a little researching the Canadian models came with a bigger battery for at least the earlier years. Mine was a '15. I ended up putting YTX20H-BS in the stock location which took a little trimming but it did fit. I tried alot of stuff, trickle chargers, lower viscosity of oil, but this eventually cured my problem.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Other suggestions would be switch to synthetic oil. Try an electric block warmer. Park inside. Make sure all maintenance is complete so you don’t overlook problems. One other thing that works for my 7hundo is after the “Hello Honda” message goes away, I crank it over for three revolutions of the engine and then stop turning engine over, not turning key back just letting go off the start, then go right back into starting it and it starts up every time. 😎🤣

Montauk13

Montauk13

Jan 30, 2021
Northeast Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
I took a voltage reading while it cranks, only 10.5V so I am going to replace the battery next time I go up the lake. I will report my findings.

Reactions: Mudwing
Tim-1000 XT-R

Tim-1000 XT-R

Nov 2, 2018
Oakdale, MN
Other suggestions would be switch to synthetic oil. Try an electric block warmer. Park inside. Make sure all maintenance is complete so you don’t overlook problems. One other thing that works for my 7hundo is after the “Hello Honda” message goes away, I crank it over for three revolutions of the engine and then stop turning engine over, not turning key back just letting go off the start, then go right back into starting it and it starts up every time. 😎🤣
Exactly what works for me.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The guy above is right. Adjust the valves to spec, and it should help. My 700 started on the first or second ooga dooga after I adjusted mine...

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!