Pioneer Camping

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ll have to measure it again but I think it was 74 inches from the back of the bed to the end of the board.

If a tall person needed it to be longer you could put a 1 foot extension on the end with the piano hinge and flip it out.

It makes a great picnic table is well when just riding for the day
My thought for making it longer was just make the board the length you want it and mount it on TOP of the roof, then move the longer board to the bed and support as previously planned.

Reactions: BWAF
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My thought for making it longer was just make the board the length you want it and mount it on TOP of the roof, then move the longer board to the bed and support as previously planned.

That will work for some places and people but we (JTW) have a hard time keeping the roof off the ground. I try hard to keep the COG low.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Lol ...... that has not happened YET with me, but been worried a time or two!

If I were taking the family on a camping trip I would definitely pack stuff on the roof. But when in the mountains of Tennessee and pushing ourselves and the limits of the rig we try to pack in the everything as low as we can.

Heck, why not just sleep on the roof!

V

valerie

Aug 5, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
The roof top tent caught my eye for the Honda 500. Does anyone know where it can be purchased?

Reactions: GrnP500 and TimG

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!