Pioneer looks impressive...

S

_stranger

Sep 29, 2013
Newfoundland Labrador
Thoughts from a newbie to sxs hobby. Haven't purchased anything yet, but wow, I'm super interested in the pioneer M2.

I'm interested in it to get me out in the trails. Fishing, camping, picking berries...sight seeing and, ..and ..enjoying a quick sharpe handing machine with satisfying response. Can always use it for work around my land. Basic stuff.

Boy the Pioneer looks sharpe, looks to of very high quality and I'm really diggin the automatic tranny system. That seems smart thing to do. I rather not have to deal with belt drive systems. I bet they tranny will be a long lasting mechanism that will allow me worry free....extended journey riding. I don't want to be in the bush replacing a belt.

Love that stance, ergonomics, slight lines, quality cab. Tires look good nice. The pictures from user galleries give really good idea of build. I'm still waitin up here for one. Dealer may get one in October. I'll go have a look. if it feel comfortable in the driving position (6'2", 240), doesn't vibrate with engine running..I'll give it serious considering with some dealer incentive.

I was wondering guys... do you have to bring the machine to full stop prior to engaging the 4WD and 4WD DIFF..?

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
The manual says to bring it to a full stop but I've went from 2 to 4 while rolling slowly and nothing feels rough or grinds. It feels like it wants you to stopcompletely to go to diff lock.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I sure wished I could make my way up there for a 4 day bush trip. Always wanted to do that but all I can manage is a overnighter.

As for the diff lock. I pushed mine into 4x4 and diff lock while in a slow roll and did not here a issue. Like chester said, The book says to be at a stop.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Yes, I agree on stopping the machine to change settings.
I think that you'll decide on the Pioneer once you come to understand the proven reliability of a Honda and also the best bang for the buck. I think that most people were happily surprised at the cost of their machine, compared to the cost of others.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!