P1000 Pioneer not Locking into I4WD or 4W diff lock

c_hurt

c_hurt

Dec 27, 2020
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello. So I’ve had my 2020 Honda pioneer 1000-3 eps for about 8 months. Bought basically new. We were trail riding at a friends place last night and I started seeing that it would not lock into the I4WD or 4 Wheel diff lock correctly. It the indicator on the dash would flicker at times between the 4WD and 2WD setting, or it wouldn’t show 4WD at all. There have been other times that it has happened briefly, but upon movement I can tell it locks in and I’m good to go. I started noticing a popping sound when shifting to 4WD and it never actually locking in. And at one point it showed 4WD on the dash, but never locked in and I got that popping sound again.

Does anyone know if there are adjustments that need to be made similar to the 2WD/turf mode problems people have had? Any clues on how to fix this problem?

Reactions: Jon63ill and TxDoc
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine hasn't been delivered yet, so can't help directly. TexasJackKin, in the "Estimated Delivery Timing" thread, just got his the other day and is experiencing what looks to be the same thing. There have been some responses there.

J

Jon63ill

Feb 7, 2021
St louis
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Do not currently own

3. Big Red
Hello. So I’ve had my 2020 Honda pioneer 1000-3 eps for about 8 months. Bought basically new. We were trail riding at a friends place last night and I started seeing that it would not lock into the I4WD or 4 Wheel diff lock correctly. It the indicator on the dash would flicker at times between the 4WD and 2WD setting, or it wouldn’t show 4WD at all. There have been other times that it has happened briefly, but upon movement I can tell it locks in and I’m good to go. I started noticing a popping sound when shifting to 4WD and it never actually locking in. And at one point it showed 4WD on the dash, but never locked in and I got that popping sound again.

Does anyone know if there are adjustments that need to be made similar to the 2WD/turf mode problems people have had? Any clues on how to fix this problem?
Looking for same info. Mine pulling left. Figure front diff lock not engageing

Reactions: Lady01
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Front diff has adjustments on the cable for 4wd and diff lock. 4wd is passenger side behind the axle and diff lock is passenger side front of diff behind a plastic cover. Just tighten the nuts on the end of the cable. Manual has the specifics. I have a post somewhere on the forum with manual screenshots.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!