Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So just a little fyi gents, ive been out on a large portion of the soo line trail on my last couple rides(first trail section across MN on the route), and shes got some rough spots. Nothing hard or crazy, just very choppy. Like, rattle your teeth choppy. So there'll be some slow pace needed with trailers in tow. Also seen several flat tires from the rocks that cover the trail in some areas, so be sure to stock up on tire repair supplies before the journey begins.
If you hit them fast enough they level out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Funny you should say that, there were a couple spots you could skim across the tops at the right speed.
I do that all the time especially in the pick up but I sure noticed you want to be in four-wheel-drive it's really damn hard on rear tires In 2wd

advertisement
oldtrucks

oldtrucks

Mar 15, 2015
Pinehurst Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all. I have been reading this thread for a while and really enjoy it. I offered some time back to preride or scout as much of the western end of your route as I could. The offer still stands but I will need a map of it if that is possible. I am also planning on riding out and joining you all for the final section of your trip. As a side note, I am running the Maxxis Big Horn Lite truck tire on my rig. I now have over 4000 miles on the tires and almost 6000 miles total. I ride on pavement and hard surface non paved and quite a bit on mountain trails, not to the extent that CP does but I have had no tire issues. In my humble opinion a good road speed for extended periods of time is between 45 and 55. Of course off road conditions dictate other speeds. I am keeping up on this thread so any thing I can do to help let me know.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And allow plenty of time... I suspect you'll have a couple days worth of time in being pulled over! Would be a good idea to have the statutes for each state and the legality of your riding where you are!
Already have that. Good thinking

Reactions: Dp5hunter
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And allow plenty of time... I suspect you'll have a couple days worth of time in being pulled over! Would be a good idea to have the statutes for each state and the legality of your riding where you are!

Unless you just get it legally licensed in South Dakota and you don't even have to live there.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hello all. I have been reading this thread for a while and really enjoy it. I offered some time back to preride or scout as much of the western end of your route as I could. The offer still stands but I will need a map of it if that is possible. I am also planning on riding out and joining you all for the final section of your trip. As a side note, I am running the Maxxis Big Horn Lite truck tire on my rig. I now have over 4000 miles on the tires and almost 6000 miles total. I ride on pavement and hard surface non paved and quite a bit on mountain trails, not to the extent that CP does but I have had no tire issues. In my humble opinion a good road speed for extended periods of time is between 45 and 55. Of course off road conditions dictate other speeds. I am keeping up on this thread so any thing I can do to help let me know.
That's awesome!!! Thanks for that.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!