BOX1

Pioneer Security

R

ranchhand77

Aug 19, 2013
I don't have my 700-4 yet, but if it does arrive soon, I will be out hunting with it through the end of October. Also, this will be my first SxS. Do you guys add additional theft security when you park it in the field and will away from it for several hours? I was thinking maybe a kill switch of some type, or some type of physical deterrent such as a cable lock.

I am curious what, if anything, you guys do? I am a little apprehensive about walking away from it.

THX

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
300 Win Mag and a 45 for backup!
But seriously I have thought of that as well, always cabled my atv's together rather than to a tree and made sure my insurance was active

Good luck!

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Pioneer is a big machine. It would take 2-3 big men to push it up on a trailer. But I guess it still can happen if you park near a highway. Would be easy to chain it to a sizable tree if ones available.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Try this company they have a hard wire GPS transmitter. @$150 for tracker think its about $150 a year for service, but you could track the jerks to there home and bring the cops knocking.

http://www.uplink.com

B

brando4905

Sep 10, 2013
Marion, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use my Pioneer at event sites where rides are stolen frequently. I use a heavy duty bike cable combo lock looped through steering wheel to the roll cage.

Zonie

Zonie

Lifetime Member
Oct 20, 2013
Payson & Tempe, AZ
Kryptonite has various locks-including a disc lock. Wheel locks are an option (get one that covers at least one lug nut), but heavy to haul around and cost around $150. Wish Honda offered the removable steering wheel like Polaris-but then who would want to steal a Polaris?

G

GulfCoast

Oct 8, 2013
If someone would steal my Polaris, I would thank them, and file an insurance claim. Then snicker like hell when the thief tried to crank it and keep it running. And started replacing belts.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!