ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a similar setup to Tractor tunes... The hard top flexes enough with the additional weight I would suggest using mounts to attach to each side of the ROPS. It causes A LOT of vibration and movement with the mounted equipment when off-road.

2thpir8

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2013
NC
do you know if the mount to the ROPS will interfere with the hard top?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure, mine doesn't but it's homemade and I am waiting till I get the doors to fine tune the design.

2thpir8

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2013
NC
looks like you mounted yours to the top too, right?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah it moves up and down A LOT. I have screws at the corners, I regret I put those 4 holes in the top now.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Illuminati, shared a link to some strong cheap clamps. When I get the doors so I know where I can mount things I am going to redo my radio box to be thinner and mount differently using them.

viewtopic.php?t=758#p4501

chops

chops

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2013
Foster, WV
2thpir8 said:
I recently just heard of tractor tunes. It's pricey, but when i get my p4 (in the next few months) I plan on having it for a very long time. That may be what i go with. They have diff options you can choose as far as adding a dome light (that'll kill two birds with one stone) and bluetooth/sirius/aux capabilities. May change my mind in the future but that is probably what i'll go with. Can mount to hard top with seal washers or come with mounting brackets with no top or soft top.

http://tractortunes.com/stereos/utv-sid ... ereos.html

I originally thought about going this way, but the more I think about how much it is going to cost, the more I think I'll just grab a bluetooth speaker and call it done.

chops

chops

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2013
Foster, WV
So here is what I ended up going with. Oddly enough, I found this while walking around Cabela's the other day looking for Christmas gifts. This one was for my pioneer of course. Can't be greedy and get it for myself. :D

http://ecoxgear.com/ecoxbt/
http://www.amazon.com/Grace-Digital-ECO ... B008MG5V80

IIRC, I paid $80 at Cabela's.
EDIT: Looks like I did pay $80 at Cabela's. Appears to be OOS now, but backorderable.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/ECOXGEAR ... 426056.uts

IMG 20131225 203218
IMG 20131225 203238
IMG 20131225 174456
IMG 20131225 174438

This was, as you may guess, just installed as proof of concept for now. I am going to get one of the gear bags, so I will wait till then to mock up a more permanent mount. I plan to make it easily removable though due to the usefulness and rugged design of this thing. I never saw a reason to get one of these before, but this one being waterproof and boyant.... I'm sold. haha

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That's a sweet find.
Just spend $170 for a waterproof UE Boom box as my gift to my Pioneer.. lol.

chops

chops

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2013
Foster, WV
Yeah, I was pretty happy with it. When I first found it, I couldn't find a price. I'm really glad I threw it in the cart anyway. :D

I will be honest. I took the pioneer out for a ride a little while ago, and it gets a little muffled when I am running at high rpms, but I still think it will do just fine when wheeling in the woods.

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Keeping it simple, Bluetooth speaker mounted with mini bungle strap/clips

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 724
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 835
F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013
I have never really thought about using a blue tooth speaker on my atv as a radio through my phone.
How well do these work? There not very big so I would say they are lot very loud.

chops

chops

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2013
Foster, WV
Mine is only 3W output, and it seems like it is going to be loud enough.

F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013
chops said:
Mine is only 3W output, and it seems like it is going to be loud enough.
Thanks. I will have to look into them next time I am in town.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
We took my UE Boom this past weekend.
The battery last a long time when using it around the house. I figured it would last all day on a trip. It only lasted 4 hours at almost full volume. Fairly long I guess. I going to have to but a long USB cord for it.
Other then it going dead. It was loud enough to here.
I only wished there was a different way to turn it up and down. Seemed troublesome.
We chose to lay it between the 2 seat belts and use a bungee to keep it there.
Overall, I like it.

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
Here is my set up. Don't know how much more simple it can get. It's from ssv works. Two wire hook up to the battery and put it where you want above you on the roll cage screw it down and that's it. Accepts any kind of player. But when using a iPhone/iPod can be controlled with external buttons. Play pause song select and volume and charges so no worrying about a dead battery. And has a dome light.
Va7yza2e

P

Put79

Oct 26, 2013
wyo700 said:
Here is my set up. Don't know how much more simple it can get. It's from ssv works. Two wire hook up to the battery and put it where you want above you on the roll cage screw it down and that's it. Accepts any kind of player. But when using a iPhone/iPod can be controlled with external buttons. Play pause song select and volume and charges so no worrying about a dead battery. And has a dome light.
Va7yza2e

What's the model number or link to where you bought it?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!