Pioneer Takeover 2021 - SAVE THE DATE - June 4-5th, 2021 @ Ride Royal Blue Resort!

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I've not seen any videos of pioneers doing it except for a 500.
I've seen that video too. I think it's just so far out of the way from the main trail system that it isn't really popular. That, or all the other people that have been up it plummeted to their doom and all the video is lost?

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Leesville, South Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
For the takeover we are just coming up Sat morning and staying that night leaving sunday. We already had a spot reserved for the week after. So not sure what people will have planned for that Sat but we will be looking for any one of yall on here. I just got the Lifetime trail maps tablet. Which route is the prison on? Isn't it on WRock?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
For the takeover we are just coming up Sat morning and staying that night leaving sunday. We already had a spot reserved for the week after. So not sure what people will have planned for that Sat but we will be looking for any one of yall on here. I just got the Lifetime trail maps tablet. Which route is the prison on? Isn't it on WRock?
The trail that goes to the Prison goes by the base of the mountain / mine where the wind mills are and yes it's goes through Wind Rock. If you are wanting to enjoy the festivities Saturday night, save this trip for another day, it's a long ride. See you there!

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The trail that goes to the Prison goes by the base of the mountain / mine where the wind mills are and yes it's goes through Wind Rock. If you are wanting to enjoy the festivities Saturday night, save this trip for another day, it's a long ride. See you there!
I will definitely need directions on that for the week after when we are staying for 3 days.
So if there is a certain route to take ill be glad for the info

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
How much extra fuel do you guys take with you on your daily ride? I'll be rocking a p52 (4gal) and thinking about attaching a 3.5gal rotopax to it as well. Think that will be enough for a full day's worth of hard riding?

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
How much extra fuel do you guys take with you on your daily ride?
I usually take a 1 gallon can with me in the Might P500.
Some were along the trail I panic and stop to pour it in while @Hondasxs and @JACKAL laugh at me.
Then, when we get back to to camp there's a gallon and a half left.
So a 3.5 rotopax is plenty.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How much extra fuel do you guys take with you on your daily ride? I'll be rocking a p52 (4gal) and thinking about attaching a 3.5gal rotopax to it as well. Think that will be enough for a full day's worth of hard riding?
I’ve got a 2gal rotopax and so far haven’t needed it. On the trip home I dump the rotopax into the truck so I don’t end up with old gas in it though. 😂

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
My P500 is nicknamed Prius. I’d ride all day and use 1/2 of what a RZR uses. Unlikely you would need. But a 2gal for peace of mind would be plenty!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I will definitely need directions on that for the week after when we are staying for 3 days.
So if there is a certain route to take ill be glad for the info

The below route takes 6-7 hours to get there mostly by trail, the route back mostly 25 mph back roads takes 2-3 hours. 110 mi round trip from Exit 141 truck stops. FYI this goes through Windrock a private park, technically should buy their permit too, but that's a choice for you to make. Typically round trip is 12-14 hours given time spent at Brushy.

Eagle Rock Campground to Brushy Mountain State Prison Loop
Campground to TN 63 Turn Left go under I-75 and around corner approx. ½ Mile
Turn Left onto Royal Blue Road, follow it to right coming to a T with Old TN 63
Turn Left onto Old TN 63 go south to first bridge on right, turn right onto Bridge.
Continue to Right on Turley Mountain Road to NC Cross Mountain Road Turn sharp 270 deg. Right
Take Cross Mountain Road south to Jct. with Blacktop, continue straight (South) to Pine Bald Trail
Take Pine Bald Trail to T turn Left onto Tower Road, veer left onto trail at sharp right switchback.
Stay on green trail going south to Windrock Park boundary through Careyville Flatts Overlook.
From Careyville Flatts take WR 66 South to WR 62 Turn Left
WR 62 to WR 61 Turn Right
WR 61 to WR G55 continue straight then go right
WR G55 to WR 53 Turn Left
WR 53 to G53 junction, turn right then left onto WR 50
WR50 to G50 Turn right crossing TN Hwy 116
Go straight across onto WR G1
WR G1 to WR G18 Turn right onto G18 OR left onto G18A turning left from either onto WR G34
WR G34 to WR G9 veer right onto G9
WR G9 to junction of G2/G4/G7 – Veer right onto G4/G7 veer right again at split with G4
WR G7 continue down mountain to Abandoned Train
From Abandoned Train go west to TN Hwy. 116 turning left onto Hwy. 116
Stay on Hwy. 166 South to Petros, TN & Brushy Mountain State Prison.
From State Prison go back North on Hwy. 116 past G7 to trail SW34 turning left onto SW34
SW34 continue until it intersects with Stoney Fork Rd. turn left onto road.
Stoney Fork Road to T turn Left onto Norma Rd. going North, turn right onto blue trail stay left at split.
From blue trail at T turn left onto NC 69 to a T turning right onto Tower Road @ Willow Springs Gap
From Tower Road turn left (North) onto Pine Bald Trail cont. North to Green Trail (Cross Mtn. Road)
Cross Mtn. Road to T turn right onto Turley Mtn. Road going down off mountain to Old TN 63
Turn left onto Old TN 63 going North to Royal Blue Road (First Right) turn Right and cont. to HWY 63
Turn right onto HWY 63 go back under I-75 turning right onto frontage road.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Cell tower rd is a trail,not a road as it sounds.
There is a easy way to get from Comfort inn to Stinking creek rd. by way of roads.You can not drive the 63 the whole way to where it connects to Stinking Creek.
If you need a complete list of directions let me know.
Or you can connect by way of trail #
Actually you can ride Hwy 63 from Stinking Creek to Comfort Inn now, they modified the legal roads access for OHV with permits.

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The below route takes 6-7 hours to get there mostly by trail, the route back mostly 25 mph back roads takes 2-3 hours. 110 mi round trip from Exit 141 truck stops. FYI this goes through Windrock a private park, technically should buy their permit too, but that's a choice for you to make. Typically round trip is 12-14 hours given time spent at Brushy.

Eagle Rock Campground to Brushy Mountain State Prison Loop
Campground to TN 63 Turn Left go under I-75 and around corner approx. ½ Mile
Turn Left onto Royal Blue Road, follow it to right coming to a T with Old TN 63
Turn Left onto Old TN 63 go south to first bridge on right, turn right onto Bridge.
Continue to Right on Turley Mountain Road to NC Cross Mountain Road Turn sharp 270 deg. Right
Take Cross Mountain Road south to Jct. with Blacktop, continue straight (South) to Pine Bald Trail
Take Pine Bald Trail to T turn Left onto Tower Road, veer left onto trail at sharp right switchback.
Stay on green trail going south to Windrock Park boundary through Careyville Flatts Overlook.
From Careyville Flatts take WR 66 South to WR 62 Turn Left
WR 62 to WR 61 Turn Right
WR 61 to WR G55 continue straight then go right
WR G55 to WR 53 Turn Left
WR 53 to G53 junction, turn right then left onto WR 50
WR50 to G50 Turn right crossing TN Hwy 116
Go straight across onto WR G1
WR G1 to WR G18 Turn right onto G18 OR left onto G18A turning left from either onto WR G34
WR G34 to WR G9 veer right onto G9
WR G9 to junction of G2/G4/G7 – Veer right onto G4/G7 veer right again at split with G4
WR G7 continue down mountain to Abandoned Train
From Abandoned Train go west to TN Hwy. 116 turning left onto Hwy. 116
Stay on Hwy. 166 South to Petros, TN & Brushy Mountain State Prison.
From State Prison go back North on Hwy. 116 past G7 to trail SW34 turning left onto SW34
SW34 continue until it intersects with Stoney Fork Rd. turn left onto road.
Stoney Fork Road to T turn Left onto Norma Rd. going North, turn right onto blue trail stay left at split.
From blue trail at T turn left onto NC 69 to a T turning right onto Tower Road @ Willow Springs Gap
From Tower Road turn left (North) onto Pine Bald Trail cont. North to Green Trail (Cross Mtn. Road)
Cross Mtn. Road to T turn right onto Turley Mtn. Road going down off mountain to Old TN 63
Turn left onto Old TN 63 going North to Royal Blue Road (First Right) turn Right and cont. to HWY 63
Turn right onto HWY 63 go back under I-75 turning right onto frontage road.
Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo MUCH

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!