Pioneer Takeover 2021 - SAVE THE DATE - June 4-5th, 2021 @ Ride Royal Blue Resort!

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Only Sundquist(Ride Royal Blue) area is fully mapped with printed map. Others you will need a mapping program like lifetime, mapballs, etc. or someone who knows their way around. Trails are also only numbered/identified in the Sundquist area.

View attachment 246629
The new river unit has a few trails that's marked and named but no paper map.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I found the Sundquist maps but I couldn't find anything on the other areas. Now I know to look for GPS maps.

This would be your best option for a free map to load onto a gps program. Oruxmaps is popular. I use it on my computer with google earth for planning. I have never been able to get it to load right on tablet, but others have, probably my lack of technical skill. I have lifetime trail maps on my tablet.

Attachments

• TCM SXS Trail Maps 121620 (1).kmz
    2.4 MB · Views: 178
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have a question. Where are the maps for these other areas that are connected to Royal Blue?
View attachment 246608
There a multiple ways to get all the trails via GPS tracks or actually overlays that show the trails over a typical topo map. By far the simplest and most expensive of course is Lifetime trail maps, you can get the app for $250 and install it on your own android device (phone or tablet and preferably samsung) or you can buy one of the tablets from them with the thing ready to go with an initial online update for the overlay files. It has trail systems in over 30 states not just here do there is value in that if you travel to ride.

Also you can buy your own tablet, install Oruxmaps app (Free) and source your own topo maps ( www.gpsfilesdepot.com) and source your own overlays that can be found on several FB groups for this area.

Here is an example of what the overlay looks like 1st pic without way points, 2nd with both zoomed way out and stops at KY state line at top. this is about 250,000 acres and only 60% of the connected trails. the pdf you have is the upper right along I75 that is less than 10% of the connected trails.

WMA no WP
WMA with WP

Tons of Info HERE:

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
SAVE THE DATE....
2021 PIONEER TAKEOVER - a HondaSxS Club Group Ride.
JUNE 4-5TH, 2021
At Ride Royal Blue Resort, TN.

We all know 2020 has been crazy and the current fiasco this country is in could spell the end.
But, we must ride on. So today, with an uncertain future I announce the 2021 Pioneer takeover.
It will be at Ride Royal Blue Resort in Pioneer TN. June 5th weekend 2021.
The date is SET. It will not be changing. Hell or high water... We will RIDE!
As always, it will be a free event open to all HondaSxS Club members and their friends.

The festivities will not be planed out until closer to the time.
We will open up registration in early February and request donations to help support the ride.
We will continue with our t-shirt sponsorships as in the past for both personal and business sponsors.
Having vendors is in the plans but uncertain.
A mass evening gathering as in the past is also uncertain. But we will find ways to reward riders and have fun.

REGISTRATION.
We like for everyone to register at a later date. It will be free as always. We just like to get a headcount and machine counts. We will also have a registration table somewhere Fri and Sat.

This is the public thread!
Just made reservations, looking forward to this event! Bringing Sister and Brother in Law!

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Our campsites are currently booked Thurs-Sunday. I am hoping to come down Tuesday evening or Wednesday though. Will be great to see you again.
Good deal. We will check out Sun morning, wife has to be at work for Mon morning. Looking forward you seeing everyone and some fun rides.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Our campsites are currently booked Thurs-Sunday. I am hoping to come down Tuesday evening or Wednesday though. Will be great to see you again.
I'm hoping to do the same, just depends on who decides to tag along. I don't think my dad is going to want to do the overland thing, but I might be able to entice him to get a hotel room and hit up the shooting range for a couple days while we go live in the woods before we go to the cabins.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
How do you get there? Do you go up to Jackson or across south Miss.

#NTC

As in the past vacations to TN, I'm sure we'll go up to I-20 at Tallulah, then to Jackson, Birmingham, Chattanooga, Knoxville.
As of now we have 3 trucks and trailers, 1 car. Another couple thinking about going will make 4 trucks and trailers. I'm sure by the time we leave on the 3rd the caravan will grow with last minute peeps.

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
As in the past vacations to TN, I'm sure we'll go up to I-20 at Tallulah, then to Jackson, Birmingham, Chattanooga, Knoxville.
As of now we have 3 trucks and trailers, 1 car. Another couple thinking about going will make 4 trucks and trailers. I'm sure by the time we leave on the 3rd the caravan will grow with last minute peeps.
Ok, I will go I-20 East and go the same route as that once I get to Birmingham. I will be leaving early A.M. on June 2. I still have a bunch of stuff to do to the Pioneer before it's ready for RRB.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!