SXSHP500CO

SXSHP500CO

Pounding - Beaver
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2017
Northglenn Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I had an 09 750 brute force the wife would ride on it with me so we bought the P 500 and no regrets !

Reactions: Smitty335
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Hello Grand junction! Nice to see another P5 owner in Colorado!
I do have an advantage on you SXSHP500CO, we live in Grand Junction and I see you live in Northglen. We moved here 5 years ago when we retired and we lived in Littleton. We do not miss the Denver area.

Reactions: RBSRanch
educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I have a 2015 Rubicon and a 2016 p500. I have always enjoyed the leg over atv's a little more than the SxS's as I could go more places and there seemed to be more of a connection between Rider and machine.

The Rubicon allows me to do some of the gnarly stuff at terrain parks as I feel I have a bit more control and it's lighter.

But... The p500 has been incredible and the more I ride it, the more I love it. I bought it so I could ride with my son who would cry when I went riding without him. (He turns 3 next week). Im fairly confident that it will go anywhere my Rubicon will go but I just need to build the confidence and add some skid plates.

If riding alone, I still prefer my Rubicon for the no nonsense simplistic nature of the ride. But any opportunity to ride with one of my kids is more fun than the Rubicon. If I had to have only one, it would be the p500

I have had my share of ATVs and SxS's and this combination is my absolute favorite. I'm over the speed fetish and the want to have the flagship models. Moving from the P1000-5 to a Rubicon and P500 was a tough decision but looking back, is the best thing I could have done for my riding needs.

My riding style:.
I love slow/challenging trails. Not a mud guy but I don't go out of my way to avoid it. I like to challenge my skills and like taking the hard way to a given destination. I'm also a fairly avid mountain biker so that is probably where my need for control and rider/machine connection comes from. I also really enjoy knowing that my machine will make it "out and back" because of it's reliability. After having issues with the more powerful machines, I'm really enjoying the reliability of these "smaller" units. I can honestly say that I have gone everywhere on my Rubicon and p500 that I did with my 800-1000 cc machines. Not as fast but plenty capable. The only time the Rubicon and p500 have been less capable is on trails that are extremely rutted out by Jeep's and trucks. My P1000-5 and Yamaha viking did better in those conditions.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a 2015 Rubicon and a 2016 p500. I have always enjoyed the leg over atv's a little more than the SxS's as I could go more places and there seemed to be more of a connection between Rider and machine.

The Rubicon allows me to do some of the gnarly stuff at terrain parks as I feel I have a bit more control and it's lighter.

But... The p500 has been incredible and the more I ride it, the more I love it. I bought it so I could ride with my son who would cry when I went riding without him. (He turns 3 next week). Im fairly confident that it will go anywhere my Rubicon will go but I just need to build the confidence and add some skid plates.

If riding alone, I still prefer my Rubicon for the no nonsense simplistic nature of the ride. But any opportunity to ride with one of my kids is more fun than the Rubicon. If I had to have only one, it would be the p500

I have had my share of ATVs and SxS's and this combination is my absolute favorite. I'm over the speed fetish and the want to have the flagship models. Moving from the P1000-5 to a Rubicon and P500 was a tough decision but looking back, is the best thing I could have done for my riding needs.

My riding style:.
I love slow/challenging trails. Not a mud guy but I don't go out of my way to avoid it. I like to challenge my skills and like taking the hard way to a given destination. I'm also a fairly avid mountain biker so that is probably where my need for control and rider/machine connection comes from. I also really enjoy knowing that my machine will make it "out and back" because of it's reliability. After having issues with the more powerful machines, I'm really enjoying the reliability of these "smaller" units. I can honestly say that I have gone everywhere on my Rubicon and p500 that I did with my 800-1000 cc machines. Not as fast but plenty capable. The only time the Rubicon and p500 have been less capable is on trails that are extremely rutted out by Jeep's and trucks. My P1000-5 and Yamaha viking did better in those conditions.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Family involvement, Thumbs up!

C

CURTK

Feb 25, 2017
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
The big plus for me is the wife and dogs ridging together and if she doesn't like the trails or the way i'm driving, I just let her drive. Has added for fun to our out door adventures.

Did you add the aftermarket power steering? You won’t regret it, if you do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Owning both, they are very different units. I do believe the interest in off-road riding it trending SxS for a variety of reasons and must admit they are very nice units, but different from a nice ATV.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Did you add the aftermarket power steering? You won’t regret it, if you do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm one of the DA's that has a P 1. Helped a friend put it on his 700, wow different machine now, he's a lot faster in the tight woods!

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
900 ch170517 n0 regerts

SXSHP500CO

SXSHP500CO

Pounding - Beaver
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2017
Northglenn Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I do have an advantage on you SXSHP500CO, we live in Grand Junction and I see you live in Northglen. We moved here 5 years ago when we retired and we lived in Littleton. We do not miss the Denver area.
Heck yeah you do! It really sucks down here. Lets try to hook up and ride in your area or we can meet in the middle. Thanks Julio

RBSRanch

RBSRanch

Oct 3, 2018
Klondike
Ownership

1. 500
In '06 my wife bought her first 4-wheeler, Arctic Cat 250 4x4 and she loved it. a couple years ago it succumbed to old age via teenage kids riding it. In '14 I bought an MSU 500 to ease the knee wear after surgery, that was my first SXS. We decided to stop pouring money into the AC and get her a 420 loaded out, PS, IRS AT. While the MSU is a good machine and serves well on the property we decided that trail riding was in our future so the MSU needed a break. I chose the P5 to be able to ride on trails the 420 could take but mainly because it is a Honda. The MSU is now rigged with a boom sprayer to keep up the Ranch. This is a new chapter in our life and I want to thank all the members here for the invaluable information that steered me to the P5 purchase just 3 weeks ago. Special thanks to Dee Dee at Honda in Brookhaven, MS!
NO REGRETS

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
If I was to ever buy a atv I think it would be a Polaris Ace. Seat with backrest and a cage seems fun

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome @RBSRanch , similar here with wife Rancher FA 6 upgrade, plus P500. Power Steering on P500 also nice addition, especially if she might want to drive. One handed steering.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a P1K5 and a P5 of corse but before both I had quads, 2 different Banshees and later a poo poo sportsman browning addition witch i thought was the bomb and it sure was, fix fix fix unfortunately not the first bomb I wanted it to be lol. We had that and a Forman. The Forman was great, it was mainly the wife’s but was a pain in the ace on trails with the streight axle and all time 4 Wheel drive. We bought a P1K5 and drove it 99% of the time and the quads sat in the garage up at the cabin. Wife wanted to keep them for people that came up. Unfortunately knowbody ever rode them. So having a lot of 50” trails by the cabin and sucked riding the quads, breakdowns, and long hrs on trail, we sold the 2 quads and bought a P5. Having the P1K5 and P5 was the best thing we ever did IMO. We’ve driven the P5 more in one year than the quads the last 3. In closing...quads are nice and serve there purpose for each persons needs, just for me...I grew out of them and use of them.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!