P500 Pioneer vs ATV - regrets?

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Observation from my ride this morning: My riding buddy and I went out early today and hit some 4x4 stuff before work. The hills we were riding were pretty steep and loose, big rocks along the way, etc. I spent the past decade riding quads and I love them. But this morning we switched and I was so happy to be back in the Pioneer. Honestly, the Pioneer felt much more planted and stable, and perhaps it was the weight. I felt uneasy doing the serious 4x4 work on the Grizzly 450, even though it's set up nicely. But I felt perfectly at home on the same trails in Rambo (P500). I'm loving being able to take family along with me on my rides. Just my thoughts today. On the flip side, if I was headed to the dunes tomorrow...give me a Raptor 700R.

IMG 80031

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Love my P5! At 70 plus years old I sold my 2 atv's and said that if I couldn't drive the truck and walk I didn't need to go. One hunting season later I had the proof that I wasn't the brightest light bulb in the box. After 2 very short talks with the wife I kind of got the idea she wasn't all that happy about the idea. About one hour after the last talk she (the wife) walked out of the bedroom with her purse on her shoulder. I ask "where you going", she says "I'm going to buy you that side x side. Do you want to go?" I say "Oh hell yeah". Love my P5! Any regrets? Nope not a one. Did I tell you I love my P5?
Smart wife!

Z

zachrulz

Oct 10, 2017
Sharpsburg GA
Ownership

1. 500
Moved from a Polaris sportsman to the P500. No regrets. Have found in a couple cases an atv would have been easier to navigate with but time will tell.

Reactions: SouthwestORV

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!