P1000 Pioneer vs Talon

E

Eam22357

Jun 16, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I own a pioneer 1000-5 and my buddy stores his talon 1000R in my shop. So it took them both for a spin and I know suspensions are entirely different but my question is, how much different are the motors?

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I own a pioneer 1000-5 and my buddy stores his talon 1000R in my shop. So it took them both for a spin and I know suspensions are entirely different but my question is, how much different are the motors?
Quite a bit. About 25hp different if I recall correctly. Oil squirter's for the pistons, intake is bigger, can is different. Head is different. There's more but can't recall without looking it up.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

E

Eam22357

Jun 16, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Quite a bit. About 25hp different if I recall correctly. Oil squirter's for the pistons, intake is bigger, can is different. Head is different. There's more but can't recall without looking it up.

I drove that thing and was in awe. I was thinking how can I make the pioneer have the same power haha.

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I drove that thing and was in awe. I was thinking how can I make the pioneer have the same power haha.
I know that complete off-road performance makes a head cam and intake kit that gets you about 25 to 30 horsepower. Their pioneer they have runs about 80 to 85 mph. Fastest pioneer on the market

E

Eam22357

Jun 16, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know that complete off-road performance makes a head cam and intake kit that gets you about 25 to 30 horsepower. Their pioneer they have runs about 80 to 85 mph. Fastest pioneer on the market

I wonder how much that runs someone on price. I am debating keeping the pioneer for the family and buying something sporty for me and the lady

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wonder how much that runs someone on price. I am debating keeping the pioneer for the family and buying something sporty for me and the lady
I got custom tunes and the pv3 alone from them. Makes a hell of a difference for the pioneer. There's different options for Tuners. But the PV3 is the way to go. I would invest in that and see the difference. I have no problem keeping up with 1000cc RZR's when we go trail riding. Here a little video of mine after a a tune.

Reactions: Lady01
D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Unless you’re really into the short wheelbase family rig you could always just get a 4 seater talon. All the power and more comfortable back seats.

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!